Guns of the same caliber

Most of one significant caliber has to be .45-70s at four..5.56/223 doesnt really count. A few 300 b/o, 5-6 30-30....4 8mm Mauser ..they all hold down different spots in the gun safes rather well.
Also there are those days when you think. Hmmm .22 jet yeah some reason I need one of them.

Last edited:
Curious as to how many of you have multiple same caliber of guns in the safe. I have a number of calibers but no duplicates. I have falling in love with the 280ai and it is in a Cooper model 92. I have an itch to get a carbon barrel and have been looking at the Christensen Arms Traverse. I just don't know if it is worth it or not. I'm not looking to build a custom so that is out. I shoot the 140 gr accubonds very well out of the Cooper and was thinking of 160 gr or bigger out of the carbon barrel. Just curious as to how many of you reload for the same caliber. This is a gun I would take on a moose hunt that is the reason for the heavier bullet. Thanks for your response in advance.
I was up to 5 22-250's the 22&6 creedmoor sure have my attention. Had 3 300 wm's still got 5 308's & 3 257 bobbers! Working on getting to just 1 of each.

Curious as to how many of you have multiple same caliber of guns in the safe. I have a number of calibers but no duplicates. I have falling in love with the 280ai and it is in a Cooper model 92. I have an itch to get a carbon barrel and have been looking at the Christensen Arms Traverse. I just don't know if it is worth it or not. I'm not looking to build a custom so that is out. I shoot the 140 gr accubonds very well out of the Cooper and was thinking of 160 gr or bigger out of the carbon barrel. Just curious as to how many of you reload for the same caliber. This is a gun I would take on a moose hunt that is the reason for the heavier bullet. Thanks for your response in advance.
I just got a Traverse in 280AI. I freaking love it. Getting real close on load development with 140 gr TTSXs and H4350 and H4831SC. Under 1/2"

I have 3 7's two 7RM and a 284win. 7 mags are hunting rifles 284win is a target rifle. But next build will be a custom 284 win on a long action, really excited about that one. Love my 7's.
Rep
Almost forgot have 2-270's 1 270 win and a 270WBY. And 2- 30-30 and 2 AR's in 5.56.

Last edited:
Guilty. 4 of the 7 mm RM's, and 4 in 223. But I really do need all of them as they are all different used for different things.( Excuse #1, let me know if you need extra excuses.)
I left the pistol calibers and .22 rimfire out so I wouldn't embarrass myself.

I am a 7mm/.284 fan. My go to rifles are: 7mm Rem mag, 7mm08s and .280s. Even have a very accurate 7mm08 handgun.
On most of my hunting trips, I take two identical rifles, other than stock color... both .280s. If one lays down on me, I have a familiar back up. Both shoot the same load to 1/2" or less.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.