Guns across boarder

Trever

I am not sure this is the right place for this. I am moving to Anchorage, AK and im gonna be driving through Canada and dont know how to go about taking my guns. I want to take about 10. I dont know how all this gun control bs is gonna turn out so im asking on a present day angle. Some are registered others may not be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. None all are standard hunting rifles and shotguns and handguns nothin high capacity or anything. Thanks in advance.

Go online in the web site of Canada and you will find requirements. Hand guns are a no-no item.If it were me I would have them shipped by Us FFL dealer to FFL dealer in Alaska..

the canadians at the border crossings are reasonable, BUT don't trust anyone on the net other than the canadian gov't site, as things change from time to time. and READ ALL the reg's, handguns are NOT allowed, ship them.

Off topic, but as a Canadian, lemme tell ya- even if it isn't "high capacity" in the States doesn't mean it's not considered high capacity here.

Magazine capacity limits are as follows:
No more than 5 rounds in any centerfire, semiautomatic rifle
No more than 5 rounds in any centerfire, semiautomatic shotgun
No more than 10 rounds in any semiautomatic handgun

Thanks for all the help. i think i am gonna ship my handguns and carry about half of my long guns with me. I read the regs but didnt understand it all so im just gonna try to play it safe instead push the limits. Wish i could take all my ammo guess i will juat have to do some shooting before i go.gun)gun)gun)

I have about 40 hunting clients a year. Just register your long guns at the border. Ship the pistols. There has never been a problem with quantity of ammo. Maybe not a few hundred thousand though.
All countries have some curious laws. Here we can have a shotgun with a 12 inch barrel as long as it was factory made. We can also order from any place in the counry by phone or mail with no middle man. Not perfect, but we have to live with it all.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.