Gunbroker sell question

ddk

Sold a rifle and the users FFL information isnt really verifiable in my opinion. No FFL number listed through the information Gunbroker provided for me. Address is a house in a neighborhood and the buyer says I need to provide a copy of my drivers license? Doesnt make sense.. my spidy sense something is up.. I suppose atleast I could ask to provide the first 3 and last 4 of the FFL number which can be put through the ATF FFL Finder..

Anybody run across the same or have any thoughts about this?

My FFL always request a drivers license and phone number from the seller. He also works from home but he always provides me with a copy of his FFL license to send to the seller when I buy a long gun from the internet. Just make sure it's current and doesn't look altered and the address matches what's on the FFL. Trust you instincts, if something feels wrong it probably is. Good luck brother!

If you know his address, download the Excel file and you can find his info. I don't give copies of my FFL to non FFLS, there's no reason to and the ATF advises against it due to fraud (non FFLS have photoshopped a copy of a good FFL to make it look like they are an FFL). I always provide info so I can be verified on FFL EZ check.

List of FFLS by state

Any updates? I've used Gunbroker a time or two in the past, but there's also what looks like an increase in scammers out there. I'd be careful. The FFL should be easy to find through a third party search like ffldealernetwork or similar site.