Gun Vise-Anyone tried one of these yet?

Sorry 😁
I've got the Tipton but wanted something sturdier, non flexible and ran across it in my search. What's $300 when you're mounting $2000-$3000 scopes? Not to mention all the other assets. Less than 8 lbs of powder nowadays too.
My thoughts as well. I cursed enough times over the last week wishing I had something like this. My plan is to C clamp it like I do my presses so it's a quick off and on. I mount my presses to 1/2" aluminum plate then clamp with deep throated C clamps.

Wish i had this when I was doing work on wood stocks.
Using this when prepping & bedding an action into a stock will make it so much easier. I can think of dozens of uses. Just another cost for ease of work. Why not everything else we got cost a small fortune.
Buy Once Cry Once???
Now just need to sell some firearms!

My thoughts as well. I cursed enough times over the last week wishing I had something like this. My plan is to C clamp it like I do my presses so it's a quick off and on. I mount my presses to 1/2" aluminum plate then clamp with deep throated C clamps.
I'll do likewise. New bench in process to finish then permanent mount.

Really like this. Wish the AR Block came with the vise instead of another $40.
Getting ready to pull the trigger on this.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE ON THE MARKET THAT IS AS GOOD AS THIS VISE FOR A LOT LESS??????
Also would need to make something to be able to move to different workbenches.

Yes it's very nice for mounting scopes! Don't know if I could live without it now !! Very very handy. Best way I've found is put the locking pin in the ball since this centers it up in the range that the level dial gives you. Then You'll have lots of room to tilt each way to get it exactly where you need it! I also use for cleaning by tilting it to the horizontal position and then tilt the muzzle very slightly down so all fluid goes towards muzzle and can't run back into the action. Works like a champ!

Another option guys have started using that is getting positive reviews.

Also a parrot vise: Kings County Tools Ultimate Versatile Vise | Fully Oriented in Two Axes | Offset Arm and Vertical Mount | Ideal for Woodworkers or Metal Shops | 4-1/2" Maximum Jaw Opening Width | 19-Pound Weight https://a.co/d/4vtwy95

If you go that route you'll need soft jaws:
Shop Fox D3126 Tilting Jaws for D3125 Parrot Vise https://a.co/d/7sNDALJ

I headed down this rabbit hole a month or so ago, I ended up deciding on a normal 4" vice with soft jaws. I just couldn't justify the price of the real avid and really didn't like the looks of a parrot vice.

Good luck!

Rhett thanks for posting.
We have two Tipton bench vises (long gun & AR), but seeing this Realavid product got me thinking.
I searched the internet last night for all different gun or suitable vises. There are some other U-Tube reviews and got sold on the Master Vise.
Ordered one last night! There is a 10% off for first time order and also free shipping. Now need to sell things that we are not using.
Thanks
Len

Yes, I watched a few YouTube reviews also. Pretty sure I'll be more than satisfied with it. Mainly scope mounting and stock work, trigger swaps for me but for those bedding, switching barrels should be real handy.

Sorry 😁
I've got the Tipton but wanted something sturdier, non flexible and ran across it in my search. What's $300 when you're mounting $2000-$3000 scopes? Not to mention all the other assets. Less than 8 lbs of powder nowadays too.
I use the Tipton for most every thing but for scopes I have an articulating clamp-on vise that I use in the garage with along with a plumb-line and a stout folding table, and levels for scope mounting.

I have enough 'stuff,' but I'd have bought a MASTER GUN VISE if I were just getting started. That's a neat bit of of kit. For a barrel vise, IMO the Viper is a very versatile portable device.

Grizzly Industrial T10818 - Viper Barrel Vise

Grizzly Industrial T10818 - Viper Barrel Vise

Last edited:
Just got my Vise from UPS. Samson & Cassie scared the hell out of the delivery person that was putting the package in our garage and both dogs jumped out of the door. The delivery person's eyes were the size of dinner plates. I had to calm him down he told me he saw his life pass. Well Samson is now 150 lbs and Cassie probably 60-70.
Anyway here is a picture and Rhett you just cost me $300+.
Can't wait to set it up and make a plate to have it mobile.
Now just have to get through this next spinal cord surgery.

Attachments

• Vise.jpg
    Vise.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 31