gun smiths

john south

I was wondering how much it would cost to get a new barrel put on a remington 700. it would need the action squared up blued,etc.

A lot less than a new rifle.
Cost would depend on the barrel manufacturer, taper, bore diameter, length, twist, fluting, chamber (Example, your smith may not have a reamer for an edge etc.)
Any way you put it, its less than or very near equal to the price of a new rifle depending on your choices of "upgrades". Plus you have a guaranteed shooter, in your specs, vs a factory rifle with questionable accuracy. You get a good one, or you don't.....
Re piping is THE WAY TO GO!
I'll fling you a P.M.

Well I live here in Chillicothe,Ohio and I don't know where to take it .Realy didn't want to ship it away because of all the stuff you got to go thrue.Any place around me I could take it?

You just ship it UPS.
Your gunsmith of choice will have his own FFL. He can ship it strait back to you. No 3rd party what so ever.
It's as simple as shipping anything else UPS. Add insurance, & no other hoops to jump thru. Call a smith & ask them.

hart barrels (barrel,true,chamber) $750.00 out the door. The wait is the only issue with re piping, plan on 12 to 24 weeks depending on where you go. If you are getting ready to do it, you will not have it ready for the summer shooting season. Having said this it is well worth the $ and the wait.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.