Gun/ scope help

I have a 6.5 PRC X-Bolt Pro and it shoots 1/2 MOA with Hornady ELD-X Precision Hunter ammo for the first 3 shots. Then the skinny barrel heats up enough to open it p to 1 1/4 MOA/ But that rifle is for hunting and If I can't nail my game in three shots I need to take up knitting.

BTW I recommend a SIG SIERRA6 BDX scope and companion KILO 3000 BDX 10 x 42 range finding binoculars or BDX monocular. The combination ia absolutely amazing the way you get accurate lighted hold and windage dots with the Bluetooth connection between the two.

Eric B.

Shoot it—28 nosler is bad medicine…

Scope suggestions:

1. Big money—1500-4000 Tangent Theta 3-15 hunter bar none—I love this scope…it is on my Christmas wish list. Under that maybe a maven RS3…Nightforce NSX, and ATACR (although heavier than I like) under that khales 3x18 along with Leopold mark 5 3x18…

2: around a 1000: maven RS1…a lot to like about this scope, used bushnell LRHS/LRTS, trigicon Tenmile/accupoint

3. 500-700 hunnet…Burris RT series and veracity series. Some offerings from Althon and Riton. I have a Riton scope that is nice—while not stellar for the money I spent it is worth while. Vortex viper pst (at midway right now $599)
4. Value priced (under $400) Vortex diamondback tactical very day $399 or less ,the vortex vipers hst can be had for this amount if you look around.

Lots of good options now a days.

Last edited: