Gun projects/builds going on

Yea, this can be a problem with building perfect custom rifles….when they are a bit off, they aren't perfect and need more money!

I guess I'm the same - I saw a barreled action (Interarms Mark X with a shot out .308 barrel currently on it) the other day and bought it because it was cheap! Now to decide what calibre to turn it into…!
I like all kind of actions but commercial mauers are one of my weaknesses. I would build a 338/06 or A-Square as some call it. My second choice would be a 280. I screw SS Shilen barrel, skip blueing and be done with it. Drop it in a cheap Hogue stock. Would make a really good beater truck gun.

I kinda did the same a while back. I bought a stripped down Mark X barrel action for cheap. Looking at the bolt face not sure it has every been fired. Best I can tell per the contour had a Douglas screwed on. Which may not have ever been fired. Had Timney send me a trigger. I did my cheap but works gun coating (self etching primer and Epoxy spray paint). Dropped it in a O.D. green Hogue stock. Waiting on a follower and spring to come in tomorrow. Have a Burris E1 scope I bought on sale at Cabelas on close out a while back to mount soon as my rings come in. Should make me another good beater truck gun. Can't have to many beaters that shoot good. Be interesting to see how it will shoot.

Droptine:

I know the feeling -- Oberndorf Mausers are my passion too. Not to re-barrel, though -- I'm more interested in finding originals in good condition. Trouble is, they're a finite resource, and there's a growing demand out there.

I like all kind of actions but commercial mauers are one of my weaknesses. I would build a 338/06 or A-Square as some call it. My second choice would be a 280. I screw SS Shilen barrel, skip blueing and be done with it. Drop it in a cheap Hogue stock. Would make a really good beater truck gun.

I kinda did the same a while back. I bought a stripped down Mark X barrel action for cheap. Looking at the bolt face not sure it has every been fired. Best I can tell per the contour had a Douglas screwed on. Which may not have ever been fired. Had Timney send me a trigger. I did my cheap but works gun coating (self etching primer and Epoxy spray paint). Dropped it in a O.D. green Hogue stock. Waiting on a follower and spring to come in tomorrow. Have a Burris E1 scope I bought on sale at Cabelas on close out a while back to mount soon as my rings come in. Should make me another good beater truck gun. Can't have to many beaters that shoot good. Be interesting to see how it will shoot.

Definitely an option! I'll see what I can find out there as a cheap blank and take it from there I think.

Was it a Timney #301 you got? I've not actually held the action as of yet so I'm not sure what the trigger is like but apparently the 301 is the way to go for a Mark X!

Dr.

Pretty sure the Timney I bought was a #301.1.5. At first I bought a Jard which is one dang fine trigger, but safety sticks our to the side a little farther than I liked. So decided to take the safety off the Jard and use it for a another Mauser project I am working on that has a 3 Position safety. Therefore I bought the Timney.

I like Timney triggers and have bought my share, but a Jard breaks like glass.

First off I need therapy when it comes to things that go bang.

I won a Shilen trigger at the Shilen swap meet. Needed something to do with it so decided to start on a 300 WSM. I don't have it in my hands yet but have a PTG SS barreled action on order for the 300 WSM build. 300 WSM is something I do not have. Well that's not exactly correct. About 15 years ago I had to much to drink and woke up with a NIB Browning BLR in 300 WSM 8 pound trigger and all. Not sure it counts.

I think I will buy a SS McBros and build a 6.5 PRC. It's kinda down the road but something I plan to do.

i have some Mauser projects I'm working on too. I have a few barreled actions I plan to stock. Stock making in one of my hobbies. Need a few more English Walnut stock blanks. I have barreled actions finished, 300 H&H, 338 A-Square and 9.2x62. I just remembered I have a Savage 99 barreled action in 284 win I've had for years I need to work on it but I keep getting side tracked. I plan to retire in a few months and work on gun stocks. I like a wood stocks on Mauser.

Headed to my gunsmith next week to pick up a 30/06. Weatherly Vanguard I'm having a Shilen screwed on that I bought at the Shilen swap meet a while back.

That's pretty much it other than a Mark X in 300 win mag with a Douglas Barrel that looks never fired. I plan to make a truck gun out of. Still need a few pieces.

What projects/builds you guys have going on.
I wish I lived close to the shilen swap meet. I've got a pile of parts & components that I just don't have time or patience to list & sell it all online.

First off I need therapy when it comes to things that go bang.

I won a Shilen trigger at the Shilen swap meet. Needed something to do with it so decided to start on a 300 WSM. I don't have it in my hands yet but have a PTG SS barreled action on order for the 300 WSM build. 300 WSM is something I do not have. Well that's not exactly correct. About 15 years ago I had to much to drink and woke up with a NIB Browning BLR in 300 WSM 8 pound trigger and all. Not sure it counts.

I think I will buy a SS McBros and build a 6.5 PRC. It's kinda down the road but something I plan to do.

i have some Mauser projects I'm working on too. I have a few barreled actions I plan to stock. Stock making in one of my hobbies. Need a few more English Walnut stock blanks. I have barreled actions finished, 300 H&H, 338 A-Square and 9.2x62. I just remembered I have a Savage 99 barreled action in 284 win I've had for years I need to work on it but I keep getting side tracked. I plan to retire in a few months and work on gun stocks. I like a wood stocks on Mauser.

Headed to my gunsmith next week to pick up a 30/06. Weatherly Vanguard I'm having a Shilen screwed on that I bought at the Shilen swap meet a while back.

That's pretty much it other than a Mark X in 300 win mag with a Douglas Barrel that looks never fired. I plan to make a truck gun out of. Still need a few pieces.

What projects/builds you guys have going on.
If you like wood stocks have you ever bought one from Richards Micro Stocks, they are semi-inletted, being kind here, and yet they have tons of stocks in almost any design you'd like.