Gun powder help 77gr Sierra MatchKing.

Well, the stupid upgrade destroyed my post and the information I was supplying. What a joke to upgrade first thing in the morning while people are checking the forums.

Will this load be magazine fed or single shot? I'm guessing magazine since you're using that short barrel.

Twist rate? Have you checked to be sure the twist is enough to handle this bullet?

Define long range since a magazine length combination will run out of steam (subsonic) before 1,000 yards.

You can entertain using:

VVN-530
IMR-3031 (don't laugh, this is a superb powder for this combination)
AR-Comp

My rifle is Daniel Defense, by looking on there website it is 1.7 and is magazine fed. Long range is 400 or 500 yards there is no opportunity for 1000Y shots here in up state NY.

My rifle is Daniel Defense, by looking on there website it is 1.7 and is magazine fed. Long range is 400 or 500 yards there is no opportunity for 1000Y shots here in up state NY.

I was looking at VVN 140 is VVN530 a better fit for the heavy bullet for caliber?

8208 you should find a node around book max I shoot the hornady 75's or those 77's to 1000yds out of a 24" AR
I just acquired a new upper, and about to join a range where I can get out to 900 or so, I will give that a try with the 75 Hor.
As a side note, have you tried the 75Hor. out to 200 yds or so on Hogs or Deer?
Thanks

I just acquired a new upper, and about to join a range where I can get out to 900 or so, I will give that a try with the 75 Hor.
As a side note, have you tried the 75Hor. out to 200 yds or so on Hogs or Deer?
Thanks
I'm not a fan of 223/5.56 on deer beyond 100yds. After a few harvests I don't use it at all anymore. For short range I feel something like 450 Bushmaster is a better choice. To each his/her own.

I'm not a fan of 223/5.56 on deer beyond 100yds. After a few harvests I don't use it at all anymore. For short range I feel something like 450 Bushmaster is a better choice. To each his/her own.
No biggie, I don't use a 223 in Deer season anyway. I am asking anyone for that experience mainly with Hogs in mind. In some areas I can legally use a 223 for Hogs out of any Deer season but not 6.5-30cal. rifle I would Deer hunt with. In other words, terminal results of that bullet that people have observed with Hogs/Deer was the real question, I should have been more clear. I can always use TTSX if needed.

I have not killed anything bigger than a rabbit with the 75 Hornady match bullets I did have my oldest boy shoot into some bullistic gel with them at 385yds and I wouldn't be afraid to use them on deer at extended ranges at 100yds they didn't really hold together at all however. I don't know that they would be my first choice for hogs. I'd go with the 55gmx and push them fast for hogs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.