Gun Case Question

Will83

I just bought a pelican 1750 for future travels to hunt elk out west and hopefully Africa one day. Anyways, I would like to know the amount of ammo I should bring in the case and what equipment should I take in it. The reason I ask is because I'm about to trace and cut the foam. I am cutting out for the rifle w/ optic and bipod attached, g7br2 rangefinder, and ammo slip top box or 50 rd mtm plastic box. Am I missing anything? Should I put the bolt and/or bipod separate? (I would like opinions on the bolt also, because I have to take off the kydex cheek piece to remove or install the bolt, which is a pain.) And which ammo box do I need? Thanks to all.

Bucklowery is correct. No ammo with the rifle. Don't worry they don't care about your ammo, you'll just grease palms in Africa to find your "lost" rifle.
Good to know. How much ammo should I take out west and to Africa? Also, should I get a separate case for the ammo with a lock or just pack it in with my suitcase? Thanks for your help. I heard to carry a roll of $5 bills to Africa for those such things. Lol.

I always cut out one spot for a 20 round box. My double case has my two twin lightweight rifles bipods and they be box ammo each. Mainly for domestic travel out west. Just in case ammo can gets left or lost somehow. That's ammo in case is extra insurance. Leave the space empty for Africa. Works very well for me. I leave my bolt in and do not take it out to cut in a space. Seems like no good reason to do that.

Check with each individual airline on ammo. I have flown domestically and to Canada in the last cpl years and none of my flights required ammo to be in a separate case. I always carry 2 boxes in my Pelican with my rifle. Most do require it to be in its original box or a box designed to carry ammo. I.E. MTM plastic ammo boxes. Generally, they want bolt removed and a trigger lock or action lock installed on the firearm.
I cut my 1750 to carry my rifle, bolt, sling, ammo, bipod, bipod legs, cleaning rod, hunting knife, basic tools for rifle, handgun and ammo, and gps. I adjust what I take with me depending on needs.
You can also purchase additional foam on Amazon to cut for different combinations or rifles.

I might also add, print off the rules and regs from the TSA and the airline you are flying. Some (most) TSA and airline agents have their own interpretations, and having a printed copy can help alleviate confusion.

They have weight restrictions for ammo.
When I went to Africa, I had planned on taking 3 rifles. My 375 Weatherby, 416 Rigby and 505 Gibbs. I wanted to take 50 each of the 375 and 416, and 20 for the 505. Couldn't meet their weight restrictions for the cargo hold.
I either had to leave a rifle at home, or only take a total of 50 rounds all up. I took all 3 rifles.
You will need to check with whatever airline you'll be using.

Cheers.