Gun Buy Back

hzy1369

Beto O'Rourke wants to buy back all assault rifles. So what's an assault rifles? Assault "a physical attack." "actual bodily harm" So When I loaded my national match with a 30 round magazine and sat it on a tripod pointing at main street it never attempted to fire once. It sat there 2 days and never once fired. So it's not an assault rifle cause it never attempted to harm anyone. But when I wanted to ship my Nikon scope in for repair and the local FedEx would not box or ship it cause it was a gun part I tried to explain to the guy behind the counter it was not a "gun part" but an option. Told him the only hazard it posed to him was if I beat him with it. So I have a assault scope? OH No I'm the assault not the tool in my hand
I know this is going to start some **** but by my understanding of English any and all my rifles could be considered assault riffles. And after 20 years as a Marine I'm going to classify my hand guns as a assault weapon to (as long as it's less the 100 yards).

Didn't New Zealand recently emplment something like that ? And got a pitiful handful ? The sucky part, is now those law abiding citizens of New Zealand that did NOT participate in that hand over, are now criminals. Paraphrasing Pat Henry, " if we be criminals, let's be good ones". Or something like that.

Well 1st and foremost for this to hold any concern for "Gun Advocates", the Democrats would have to have the Majority vote in Both houses AND the Presidency. At that point in time they could attempt to alter our Constitution. Of course this would most likely be a bad thing for obvious reasons.

More to the letter I think these Politicians who are basically just grandstanding for shock value and Voter appeal, should be held accountable for spreading Hate & Dissent. The Rhetoric has overstepped many boundaries from the Democrat's including calling for the Assassination of our President in a public forum. Yes, you could say I am biased. Why are Politicians seemingly beyond Legal Reproach?

So if they tell you, you have to turn in your modern sporting rifles or …? How long do they keep the background checks on file? When called in is the type of rifle recorded or do they just check your name to see if your allowed to have a weapon? I know here in Pa we do a short form for rifles and a long form for pistols. I have never bought a gun from an individual here but did sell a couple. To cover my own *** we did a transfer at the gun shop.

The regular 4473 and "bound book" is kept for 20yrs by the FFL. If he closes his business he must send the records in to the FBI. The background check itself is supposed to be deleted within 3 days after the check is initiated. The make model and serial number are not mentioned during the check. Just long gun, hand gun or other firearm are stated to the person on the phone/computer. The make model and serial number are recorded on the 4473. The back ground check is to see if you are allowed a firearm or not.

Last edited:
one day very soon they will try to take them. First they will "disqualify" as many people as possible from being able to legally own them, then they will come for the rest. The question is, what will Americans do about it. We already know what happens *after* tyrants disarm their slaves. What we don't know is how Americans will respond when it first begins.

one day very soon they will try to take them. First they will "disqualify" as many people as possible from being able to legally own them, then they will come for the rest. The question is, what will Americans do about it. We already know what happens *after* tyrants disarm their slaves. What we don't know is how Americans will respond when it first begins.

You are 100% correct with this statement. It will take a few home invasions by thugs saying they are protecting us. When the people have enough they will fight back against tyranny. Just like in 1776!

A "take back" is logistically impossible. The manpower needed alone would overshadow the number of active military. A take back would be illegal and totally unconstitutional. The difficulty of changing the US Constitution is staggering. If this was miraculously implemented after years of legal/constitutional litigation and after a bloody revolution, you'd be looking at 30-50 years to seize even half the millions of AR's and AK's in this country. By then a vast majority would be very well hidden. Besides the liberals need the $$ to fund all the giveaways they are promising. Only my opinion!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.