Gun builders

hammer111

Anyone know of any reputable gun builders in Maryland, Delaware, maybe Pennsylvania just over the line.

Where are you located? Ed Harren has built rifles for me. He is in Frederick but is not a mainstream builder. Dont be afraid to ship a rifle out. Most of the gunsmiths are great guys that treat you right.

I'm mid shore. Not a lot of gunsmiths within quick driving distance. I meet Kevin a few years ago at the outdoor show and seemed like a great guy.

If you are willing to look at PA and VA, here are some suggestions. You can check out Patriot Valley Arms. Their work is outstanding. I've gotten 3 rifles barreled by them (using Hawk Hill barrel blanks), two of those have had multiple barrels. They all shoot lights out. I have 0 complaints about their work. However, be prepared to wait. My last barrel, I ordered early August and they had a wait time for a pre-fit of a month and a half to two. I got the barrel mid November. I ordered for a Sako TRG 22 and in 6.5 Addiction, so not a standard round or action. However, the past projects that I have had with them run about the same. I figure twice the original estimated time, but the work is outstanding.

Hawk Hill does barrels and smithing. Their barrels are outstanding, I've used 5 and have another sitting in reserve for a rifle. I have friends that use them for complete rifle builds as well and they are very good shooters. I've been at a fair number of matches with the owners, both as another competitor and several times as their RO, and they can SHOOT and are good guys.

There is also a place in PA called Keystone Accuracy I think, that I've heard good things about. If you get on the VPRC Facebook site, a guy by the name of Micheal Garrett started doing some gunsmithing a couple years ago and is doing some good work. Also, WAR Rifles in Manassas. I've shot some matches with their folks also and their rifles do as well as any.

Anyone know of any reputable gun builders in Maryland, Delaware, maybe Pennsylvania just over the line.

BLAK FORGE ARMOURY
Morris, PA
Zack Buck
(570)404-6159 cell

Hand builds guns from stocks to "ready to shoot" per your wants/needs.

Has customers from all over the USA.

Also repairs any firearm, if it's possible.

(Reference customer D. E. Baldwin.)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.