Gun build

March Optics has some pretty nice light scopes too. I just bought a 10-60x56 High Master for load development and ladder testing but I haven't had a chance to use it yet since its been single digit temps here with a foot of snow on the ground and windy.
X2 on the March!

I agree with some of the older stuff being crap and I was not a fan until they came out with the VX5 and VX6 HD lines. I have several Nightforce scopes but they are too ---- heavy for my carry rifles so I jumped on the Leupold train and have been happy. They have great customer service and a ---- good warranty.
Any problems with the vxs yet?

I am having a 300 WSM built right now and I am trying to decide on a scope. Current build is as followed:
AG Alpine Hunter stock
Proof SL 24" barrel
APA Fat Bastard side port brake
Triggertech Special trigger
BDL hinged floor plate
Lone Peak titanium action

This gun will be used for pack hunting in the mountains. I am leaning towards the Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56 but a little concerned about the weight. I have also looked at the VX-6HD 3-18x50 because its a little lighter. Honestly, I don't know anything about scopes for long range hunting. Does anyone have any suggestions on a scope?
Ive got a Gen2 razor for sale for ya Its only like 27lbs...

Before I would go $$ bonkers on scope wgt, I'd probably do a mirror check on my bod. Lose 5# and not compromise on my scope and save some dollars. There should be a lot of places to shed 11.372 ounces of gear wgt before throwing money at the problem and not be obsessed. ?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.