Gun ban has my thoughts going

cornchuck

The talk of a ban on certain guns and gun parts has got my mind just turning. Before I get into what I want to tell you, let me tell you alittle about myself.

I am 37 years old. Been married to a great girl for almost 7 years now. She puts up alot from me. I am a quite guy. I keep to myself. I will help any body who needs a hand. My dad got me into guns when I was real young. Just like all parents that have children and are around firearms, he taught my brother and I at a young age about firearm safety. We would go out to the strip mines where he worked on the weekends and just plink around with .22's. The neighbor would even come with us. That is where my brother and I learned about the .44 magnum. My stepdad got me into hunting. Love to hunt. When you see the phase "Good day hunting is better than a Great day at work" really is truthfull for me. When I'm not thinking about anything else, it is usually towards hunting or guns. My wife can't stand it sometimes. She is always saying "Is that all you think about. Hunting and guns." It's my passion.

So let's get to the subject at hand. The possible ban of some gun stuff. I read a post that someone else wrote that got me thinking. He said why not go ahead and ban automobiles and alcohol. They hurt and sometimes kill too. My thought at first was why not. But think about it, banning cars would make this country come to a stop. We rely on them too much. They get us to where are going. Move freight for our daily needs. Plus, they bring in alot of money to this country. Even our govermnet bailed out two the biggest car companies. So we need automobiles. This country tried to ban alcohol but it came back around. Just like the boot leggers of the Prohibition, crimnals are still going to get firearms to commit crimes. So that isn't going to work. And the alcohol industry also brings in a ton of money.

So thinking some more, I thought how about banning tobacco.They say smoking causes cancer. Get rid of cigarettes. That wont work. Just like alcohol, tobacco has been around just as long as man has. Both my dad and stepdad smoke. If they die of cancer caused by smoking, I am not going to blame the tobacco industry for it. Plus, the tobacco companies got hammered from the goverment once before where just about every state got a ton of money from a law suit.

The talk of a ban on certain guns and gun parts has got my mind just turning. Before I get into what I want to tell you, let me tell you alittle about myself.

I am 37 years old. Been married to a great girl for almost 7 years now. She puts up alot from me. I am a quite guy. I keep to myself. I will help any body who needs a hand. My dad got me into guns when I was real young. Just like all parents that have children and are around firearms, he taught my brother and I at a young age about firearm safety. We would go out to the strip mines where he worked on the weekends and just plink around with .22's. The neighbor would even come with us. That is where my brother and I learned about the .44 magnum. My stepdad got me into hunting. Love to hunt. When you see the phase "Good day hunting is better than a Great day at work" really is truthfull for me. When I'm not thinking about anything else, it is usually towards hunting or guns. My wife can't stand it sometimes. She is always saying "Is that all you think about. Hunting and guns." It's my passion.

So let's get to the subject at hand. The possible ban of some gun stuff. I read a post that someone else wrote that got me thinking. He said why not go ahead and ban automobiles and alcohol. They hurt and sometimes kill too. My thought at first was why not. But think about it, banning cars would make this country come to a stop. We rely on them too much. They get us to where are going. Move freight for our daily needs. Plus, they bring in alot of money to this country. Even our govermnet bailed out two the biggest car companies. So we need automobiles. This country tried to ban alcohol but it came back around. Just like the boot leggers of the Prohibition, crimnals are still going to get firearms to commit crimes. So that isn't going to work. And the alcohol industry also brings in a ton of money.

So thinking some more, I thought how about banning tobacco.They say smoking causes cancer. Get rid of cigarettes. That wont work. Just like alcohol, tobacco has been around just as long as man has. Both my dad and stepdad smoke. If they die of cancer caused by smoking, I am not going to blame the tobacco industry for it. Plus, the tobacco companies got hammered from the goverment once before where just about every state got a ton of money from a law suit.

Hi, Cornchuck I think you may have read one of my post . (Concerning the automobile and alcohol example) My point was this, looking at it like a liberal and how he thinks. Then they should have to ban alcohol and automobils that was what I meant . As for alcohol and ciggeretts they cost this country a ton of money instead of making money . I'll quote my fathers heart doctor (my father is a chain smoker) he said "I wouldnt have a job if it wasnt for ciggerets". All tho if the individual would not smoke then he wouldnt end up in the hospital and if the individual didnt choose to get into a drunken stooper and hit another family head on then no one would get killed/hurt .

The Bible says In 1 samuel ch. 25 verse 13 " And David said unto his men,Gird ye on every man his sword."

That is equivelant to a GUN in our day:)gun)

Bigbuck,
Because I ran of room for the first post, there is a part 2 that hasn't been cleared yet. I don't think in said anything that wouldn't be allowed to post. The point of part 2 was that I'm big supporter of the Constitution and I will be with all the other firearm owners and hunters in trying to keep our guns. Nothing really scares me, but this talk of banning some guns is freaking me out.

Jason

Bigbuck,
Because I ran of room for the first post, there is a part 2 that hasn't been cleared yet. I don't think in said anything that wouldn't be allowed to post. The point of part 2 was that I'm big supporter of the Constitution and I will be with all the other firearm owners and hunters in trying to keep our guns. Nothing really scares me, but this talk of banning some guns is freaking me out.

Jason

Sorry I couldnt tell what you were trying to say . Didnt mean to sound harsh . This ban talk has got us all nervous , we need to stick together my friend gun)

Sorry Bigbuck, sometimes I have hard time understanding myself. I'm with you. We all need to stick together. Wish you good luck with all you do in the new year.

Jason

Good post you sound a lot like myself, I worry as well. I am what a lot may consider well rounded, with what I feel is a very good ability to place my self in the shoes of others. I have tried and tried to look at this issue from every angle, and I just cant see how? If a person truly understands societies, governments,freedom of religion and human nature. Anyone in their right mind could ever see a gun ban as a step in the right direction. It just doesn't work! I cant understand how in today's world a person can be so blind to what is happening.

Good post you sound a lot like myself, I worry as well. I am what a lot may consider well rounded, with what I feel is a very good ability to place my self in the shoes of others. I have tried and tried to look at this issue from every angle, and I just cant see how? If a person truly understands societies, governments,freedom of religion and human nature. Anyone in their right mind could ever see a gun ban as a step in the right direction. It just doesn't work! I cant understand how in today's world a person can be so blind to what is happening.
Not blind, led by fear. Thats why obummer and the hookers where so quick to step on those kids bodies to get up their soap box, you can never pass up a good opportunity to further your agenda.

Sorry Bigbuck, sometimes I have hard time understanding myself. I'm with you. We all need to stick together. Wish you good luck with all you do in the new year.

Jason

You have a wonderful new year as well ..... I'll be waiting on my new .223 dies :) Got 500 hunered peaces of brass coming and 500 FMJ'sgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.