Guided Alaska Moose Hunt recomendations

bdfhunter

I'm working on puting together a guided Alaskan moose hunt for myself. If anyone out there has any first hand recomendations regarding outfitters I would greatly appreciate any information you could shoot my way. This is a bucket list hunt for me and I've realized that they just keep getting more and more expensive so I need to go sooner than later. I have done unguided caribou hunts in Alaska and the experience has always been unbelievable. I know these hunts are expensive and I have planned for that (i.e. $25-30K). I have also looked at going unguided with Papa Bear's service, but I am going to have a hard time finding a partner to go with me as they don't drop solo hunters (which I can totally understand). I would love to get this hunt on the books for 2025 or 2026. I'm hoping someone on the forum here has done an Alaskan moose hunt that can help steer me towards a reputable outfitter. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

A friend plays a guide for this outfit in the fall, used to be a marine previously and now his day job is construction superintendent, the pics of 70" - 80" moose he showed me that his clients got are mind wrenching

Jeremiah is da man !

Hey guys, I am in the same boat. Moose hunt is my #1 bucket list item. I will take any recommendations y'all have as well.

I'm working on puting together a guided Alaskan moose hunt for myself. If anyone out there has any first hand recomendations regarding outfitters I would greatly appreciate any information you could shoot my way. This is a bucket list hunt for me and I've realized that they just keep getting more and more expensive so I need to go sooner than later. I have done unguided caribou hunts in Alaska and the experience has always been unbelievable. I know these hunts are expensive and I have planned for that (i.e. $25-30K). I have also looked at going unguided with Papa Bear's service, but I am going to have a hard time finding a partner to go with me as they don't drop solo hunters (which I can totally understand). I would love to get this hunt on the books for 2025 or 2026. I'm hoping someone on the forum here has done an Alaskan moose hunt that can help steer me towards a reputable outfitter. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
My buddy and I were looking at going with Papa Bear for moose but due to health reasons he has to drop out. How do we contact each other without the whole world getting our contact information?

Wow how costs have changed
Went to NF 2013 the three of us cost $1,500 USD per person for (6) day hunt, Moose Tags for all Bull, Cow, Calf.
Bear & Caribou were extra.

Harvested Three Cows, I let a Young Bull pass (not a good shot).
Guide Service Owner was terrible. Didn't show up at Backwoods camp for two days after hunt started with THE extra Bear Tags. I had a 500-550+ lb Black Bear in my scope at 200 yds and could not shoot the second morning. My guide said could not shoot until he had a Tag in his hand. Probably wanted me to shoot so he could get the reward for illegal kill.
That evening the owner showed up with our tags.

Needless to say there was not much of a Guide TIP$$.

About another $1K apiece we chipped in for gas, food, Ferry.
Total was $2,500.00 per person.

It was still a two week+ adventure going from GA to PA then to NF and back.

It was almost like the movie "Grizzly Adams" without the Indians attacking. Main hunting lodge was PRIMITIVE and went on two day woods hunting staying in 4' high Rock shelters at night with just a small cut down 30 gal drum for fire, Was provide bread and caned sardines/capers while hunting. At Base camp ate cooked Roots (potatoes like) and rabbits. Got to eat meat when we shot a Moose.

One of the WORST or BEST experiences of my hunting career.
Oh yah The guide I had-around 10:00 am he would look for an old abandoned shack and then start a fire inside and go to sleep until around 2:00pm. Said the moose were sleeping too.
At the "Newer" Lodge the guides stayed there with electricity (generator) and running water and they got drunk at night while we stoked a 30 gallon drum with wood for heat to keep from freezing and kerosine lamps for light.

This was after Japan stopped buying a certain tree for lumber making a PAPER product. The entire area where we were at depended on Lumber Harvest. It was economically depressed.
The guides we had were laid off workers from the Lumber Business. They were just backyard hunters trying to make extra money.

I guess to day it it much more expensive and better hunting facilities.
Just make sure you get good references.

If you ever go to a guide service for hunting or fishing and they say:
OH MAN YOU HOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LAST WEEK - WE GOT SOME REAL TROPHIES.
You are screwed!

My buddy and I were looking at going with Papa Bear for moose but due to health reasons he has to drop out. How do we contact each other without the whole world getting our contact information?
I think you have to wait a few days and make a certain number of posts before you can pm.

I'm working on puting together a guided Alaskan moose hunt for myself. If anyone out there has any first hand recomendations regarding outfitters I would greatly appreciate any information you could shoot my way. This is a bucket list hunt for me and I've realized that they just keep getting more and more expensive so I need to go sooner than later. I have done unguided caribou hunts in Alaska and the experience has always been unbelievable. I know these hunts are expensive and I have planned for that (i.e. $25-30K). I have also looked at going unguided with Papa Bear's service, but I am going to have a hard time finding a partner to go with me as they don't drop solo hunters (which I can totally understand). I would love to get this hunt on the books for 2025 or 2026. I'm hoping someone on the forum here has done an Alaskan moose hunt that can help steer me towards a reputable outfitter. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
1. Wild wind
2. Devil mtn lodge
3. Renfros
4. Kokanee
5. R&R

Freelance Outdoor Adventures if I was dead set on Alaska.

I would also strongly consider the Yukon or the NWT.

Good Luck in your search…..