Guide me in the right direction! Please!

I have both a sendero in 25-06 and a model 112 bvss in savage with the accutrigger in the warmer months the sendero is the best shooter but come fall when hunting season is here the al savy smokes it. don't get me wrong they both shoot under 3\4 all year round but one hole at a hundred is real common. If i was you i would invest 500-600 in a shepherd scope V-1 or that equivilent in drop load a barnes 100 grain xlc which is the new coated bullet run it 3050 fps this needs to be shot through a chonograph so you know that is what your load is mine is 54 grains of RL19 with just large rifle primer. If you are not familar with the shepherd go to shepherdscopes.com and have them send you there flier it is very impressive and the load i just gave you will follow that shepherd drop right out to 1000 yards and be within 2" to 900 and at 1000 you will be 9" low if you use the center circle. I shot a doe last year with this set up at 880 i was yes 1\2 mile which is what all our hedge rows run usually hit a rib going in and the bullet still passed my motto is if you can't see it you can't shoot it with the 18 power you can see it and with the compensation the scope has you can hit it and yes the shepherd can be adjusted for windage also which you can get that when using a balistics calculator which remington has on there web site.

Thanks for all the help. I went and got a Win Coyote in 300wsm and I love it. I believe I did the right thing. Should not have a problem getting Whitetails at any range with the 180gr Accubonds. Will be practicing up

Hey Photographer, Congrats with the 300WSM. My season here in CA is coming to a close and it was a dismal one at that. One friend got a 2X (4 pointer) last Saturday. This coming Saturday is my last day. I want to wish you luck as your season starts. Be safe and have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.