Guess we can add Rem to that boycot list

Staying put for business reasons is sane.

Supporting the Tyranist's that wish to strip our individual freedoms is business suicide, albeit perhaps a slow death.

I buy mostly used. It has been over 2 years since I bought a new bolt rilfe. Plenty of used ones out there for me to boycott without pain....but then again, they would not likely feel this as I do not generally prurchase new anyway.

But if significaant amount of sportsmen choose to boycott, then the used market may dwindle and I would finally have the motivation to go with Custom action.

i have been leaning that way anyway.

It's not so much where they're located, it's that they signed an $80 M contract with the anti-gun government. The big gun corps have a history of putting $$$ before values. Both Remington and Ruger have supported anti-gun legislation.

Boycotting traitors does work. It drove Dan Cooper out of Cooper Firearms and sent a clear message to other gun makers.

I say good riddance to Remington and any other gun manufacturer who supports anti-gun causes or politicians.

I also think Remington could move one piece at a time over several years. NY taxes have got to be cutting in on their profits in a big way.

Let'm go bankrupt and have someone buy them out and start over. In the mean time, buy from smaller guys. You'll get better quality anyway.

I for one, was surprised when Remington and other gun manufacturers didn't react as loudly to NY's "un" SAFE Act as did manufacturers in other states. ie Magpul in CO, and some of the manufacturers in CT; Stag and another in New Britan Ct (I don't recall the name). Those companys are or at least have plans to relocate as logistics allow. Other companys have stopped selling to NY State agencies but there are some who have also stopped selling to NY citizens. A distributor in MO cancelled my orders for ammunition, mostly 22LR, a day or two after Cuomo's coup. A short time later they sent an email 'allowing' me to reinstate my orders/backorders but that never happened, in spite of trying several times to do so .

At the Albany NY rallys in late January and February, Remington, had bus loads of their workers show up. However the company itself was almost silent. At least I didn't hear of any statements boycotting NY State or other States or moving out. Yes there was a news story about being wooed by Texas and I believe Wyoming but that story was a non starter before the ink dried.

Regardless of who is doing what and when, I don't ever plan on knowingly purchasing another product from any manufacturer, thru any distributor or retailer who in any way did not raise an objection to the series of feel good bills, proposals, or 'laws' passed throughout the country. That said, I'm sure I'll run into the situation where a product is only available from an anti-gun source. at that time, I'll decide if I really need that product or will I just buy less according to the situation.

Should any of the companys who directly or indirectly support any of these laws or states, go under, I won't be happy but I certainly wont be sad about it either.

I'll use what I own to hunt and target shoot. I'll probably not buy another firearm until I move out of NY, back into the free America I once knew.

For now, I'm going fishing if I can patch the hole in my leaking waders.

Pete

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.