Guaranteed tip to get your deer.

hunternhunter

I just got back from a week at deer camp with old buddies I have hunted with for almost 40 years. Every year we talk about our youth and how badly we wanted to shot a deer as they were pretty scarce when we grew up in the 70 and early 80's. One story comes up every now and then and we have a good laugh.

Back in the 70's one of our buddies saw an ad in the back of a large outdoor magazine, stating if you send some money to an address in PA, they would send you a tip that would guarantee you your deer.

Well my buddy being young and naive, saved up the money and mailed it off to the post office box in PA. A couple weeks later an envelope arrived in the mail at his house with his guaranteed deer tip.

In summary, I recall the tip saying something to the affect:

"find a trail traveled frequently by deer. Put at piece of tin foil in a tree along side that trail at a hight a deer can smell it. Once the deer comes along the trial and stops to sniff the tinfoil - shoot it. You got your deer."

We chuckle every time that story comes up.

The Vermont Apple Trick works.

Every. Single. Time.

Go out to your stand the night before opening day. Bring an apple, a heavy duty deep-sea fishing hook and a length of 30lb test fishing line. Tie the hook to a sturdy branch and then bury it into the apple and leave it.

When you show up in the morning, your deer will be waiting for you.

Since I've moved, now send the checks to my PO Box here in South Carolina.

:cool:

The Vermont Apple Trick works.

Every. Single. Time.

Go out to your stand the night before opening day. Bring an apple, a heavy duty deep-sea fishing hook and a length of 30lb test fishing line. Tie the hook to a sturdy branch and then bury it into the apple and leave it.

When you show up in the morning, your deer will be waiting for you.

Since I've moved, now send the checks to my PO Box here in South Carolina.

:cool:

Okay, check is in the mail, Lols.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.