GS Custom HV bullets

Mountainsheep

I've been looking at some info on GS Custom HV bullets from South Africa, They appear to be similar to Barnes TSX's, I was wondering if anyone has any actual hunting experiences with these bullets that could substantiate or contradict their advertised claims.

Thanks,
Dave

Ive not tried them personally, but those I know who have, and others on this site speak well of them. There have been problems with getting them through customs ect... and some potential customers have placed orders here in the US and have never had bullets arrive. Keep in mind that these problems may have been solved, but then again they may not.

I've got a few but have not ben able to try them yet.The 375s will go back to Wisc with the 375-50BMG I just sold back to its original owner.The .224s will have to wait till I can draw a Montana tag so I can use the 22-250 8twist.Got a few 264s to try in the 6.5-284 and 6.5x55 sveede.
...looks like it will have to wait till next year!
No problem as it took a couple of year after paying for them to recieve them.If you order them use air frieght cause it seams nothing gets outa the country by ground /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
My common sence says they aint gona fly as far or good as a MK or Amax.Being molied they aint gona gum up the barrel like the old Barns bullets and being ribbed they will shoot faster than most bullets and take the fast twist a lot better than the A max.
I only baught them to try in the 375-50BMG but added a few other cal just because.I doubt very much that I will buy any more but time will tell....I learn slow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I 2nd the no ground route. After waiting 2 months for the ground shipment my 850gr 50 BMG bullets were resent air. I think they are high quality projectiles. I'll be using the 850gr pills in my fast twist (9.5) 50 BMG for subsonic testing (and testing the transition from super to sub-sonic.)

The one box I bought came pretty quickly once the money went through (it was hard to order before he was set up to accept credit cards). I found them to be very nicely made bullets and very accurate. BC's were too low to interest me much though (173 30 Cal).

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.