GS custom bullets

Has anyone tried these bullets with .308 197gr with .942bc and .338 295gr 1.132 they sound good.

Do you have a link? I am thinking that the ones that you are refering to are not expanding (I may be wrong) bullets and this is a long range hunting site. If they arenot an expanding bullet then my interest would not be there.

I believe that the sp's are not recommended by GS for hunting. The HV bullets work very well. You will have to check your previous opinions about bullet weight for caliber at the door in order to use them.:) The HV's are an excellent bullet imho.

Steve

I believe that the sp's are not recommended by GS for hunting. The HV bullets work very well. You will have to check your previous opinions about bullet weight for caliber at the door in order to use them.:) The HV's are an excellent bullet imho.

Steve

I agree. The TSX bullets are very good in my experience, very accurate and deadly. I've taken game with the 180 out of my 300 win out to 777 yards and it was a DRT kill

jwp,

I have a feeling we will all have to get used to mono-metal bullets. I think the incoming administration will fast track the 'no lead' laws nation wide. California opened the door.

Steve

Where did you get your GS Customs bullets? I contacted a US dealer about getting some of the SPs and they acted like I was making a ton of work for them to answer my questions - like what do you have in stock and how long to get something that was not in stock - so I never called them agin.

I heard they had a dealer located in Alaska that was great to deal with, but never followed up.

JeffVN

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.