Gs custom bullets

drpbroun5

Has anyone had any experience with these bullets that are advertised on this site? How do they fly (BC, accuracy, etc) and what sort of terminal effects have you seen on deer and elk at high as well as low velocities? Thanks.
Paul

Has anyone had any experience with these bullets that are advertised on this site? How do they fly (BC, accuracy, etc) and what sort of terminal effects have you seen on deer and elk at high as well as low velocities? Thanks.
Paul

Paul,

If you do a custom search on the top right corner there's a few posts and I found this one most interesting >>> http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/110-gr-gsc-elk-bullet-135401/

No, I don't have hands on experience with them but I'd like to try them someday though.

Ed

Last edited:
I saw their ad, looked at their web site, and wondered about their bullets. I would really like a comparison to of their performance to Bergers, Noslers, Etc

I've tested many of these bullets for BC and find that their advertised performance (BC) is way higher than actual measured performance, and lower than many other solid options.

If you wanna try a solid, I advise Cutting Edge.

-Bryan

I appreciate that info, Bryan. Actually I'm happy with my Bergers but was interested in their ad just to know what all is available. Thank you.

Hi drpbroun5,

Thanks for asking. Instead of accepting a reply from those who have never used GSC on game (at any distance) rather take the advice of those who have. You ask "How do they fly (BC, accuracy, etc) and what sort of terminal effects have you seen on deer and elk at high as well as low velocities?"

Well, GSC bullets are deadly accurate, easy to do load development and so uniform from batch to batch, that you do not have to redevelop a load once it is done. You will find that the barrel of the rifle runs cooler, is easier to clean and throat erosion is far less than with other makes.

The cherry on top is of course that the window of application is far wider with GSC. You will get a double caliber mushroom as low as 1600fps impacts and, should you bump into a game animal at point blank range, it gets the job done as well. Solid reliability at any speed and no surprises.

We give a calculated BC on our website. Unfortunately the bulk of people average the numbers and come up with a BC that is completely unrealistic. To rectify this, at the explanation of the BC numbers and the speed ranges we give for them, we have added the following:

"BC values are calculated at standard Metro values using a G1 profile. Any comparison with the BC values of other manufacturers is not valid as there is currently no standard method in use between manufacturers. Enter these values into an external ballistics program to calculate BC for your launch speed and distance. For exact values, shoot drop tables at the elevation and temperature for your location."

A comparison of all the factors that make up a good hunting bullet is very welcome.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.