Group Therapy!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by johnnyk, Aug 16, 2010.

1. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

Got off work today and at 6:46PM decided I needed to shoot my rifle(s). I started to just shoot the .300 but said what the heck, I'll shoot the other two also.
    Went down range and put a paper target up at 500yds. There was no wind, temperature felt like 95 but was closer to 80-85. Humidity was very high and I was sweating like a pig. Gotta love the Ga heat. :)
    Started out with my Win 70 HVB in .243Win shooting the 85gn GameKing and IMR3031. They printed dead on but slightly right of center.

[​IMG]

Next up was my Savage 112BVSS in 6.5-284 shooting the 120gn Ballistic Tip and RL25. These were a tad high but close enough to center.

[​IMG]

Next: my other Savage 112BVSS in .300WinMag shooting the 190gn SMK and H1000. These were pretty much dead on but slightly left of center.

[​IMG]

The little .243 printed the best group with the 85gn GameKing. This was a pleasant surprise as i didn't expect a GK to be quiet this accurate. The 6.5-284/w the 120gn Ballistic Tip opened up a bit more than I expected. They normally run just under 2.5". The big, hard thumpin' .300 had the worse seat in the house as it was 8:10PM when I fired the last round. The day was overcast here and the light went fast when it started. I had to really concentrate on breathing and hold for this one. Not as tight as I would have liked but still MOA.

Nothing like a little "group therapy" to clear the haze and re-align the priorities. A fitting end to a mentally stressing Monday. Life is good. JohnnyK.

2. SBruce

SBruce Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the pics.

Nice shooting, I especially like the .243 group. Congrats.!!!