Group of my life!!

W

*WyoWhisper*

This was shot this afternoon, My lovely wife as a witness....! I may never do it again as long as I live!

This was shot with my 6mmAI Long Range Coyote Rifle.. this rifle is going to be bedded into a 1K BR stock in a week or so...right now it wears a Sendero Stock..
PA253447web.jpg

Wyowhisper, Great shooting! I got a group like that @200yds. with my 223, but that was with 3 shots, other 2 shots were fliers
frown.gif
I thought 316 minus 243 was .073
confused.gif
J

Wyowhisper,i am going to have a 6AI built this fall/winter do you have any picts and details on it i am wanting a longrange coyote/p-dog /paper gun.I am using a 700 action,a 28"barrel not for sure what manufact yet.

I am by no means at the experience and ability lever of you or most on this site, so don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever heard of "if it ain't broke don't fix it?" I think I would think twice about doing anything with that gun if it already shoots like that. How much more can you improve it with a bedding job and new stock?

I know I screwed up on the math.. just to excited I think....

Matt

I want to use this rifle for a few 1K competitions and the Sendero Stock won't cut it... so I will actually have 2 stocks for it..

STW,

Here's a pic...

REM 700SA blue printed
30" Kreiger
8 twist
Stock trigger ( tuned ) soon to be a rifle Basics

shoots like a house a fire...

you should look up Chris Matthews he's right there in north Kansas City!! He has some Schneider Polyagonal barrels that shoot in to the 1's consisteintly!!!
I have hos contact in fo if ya want!

6mmRemAI2.jpg

Nice one Ric!! You've really got a nice group to top now, but a nice rifle to do it with too!!
smile.gif

Matt,

You could definitly make things worse if not bedded right, but in all reality it should perform equal or better over the long run with the BR stock when it's done correctly, as I'm sure it will be, as it rides the bags more consistant, tames recoil effect if heavier, etc.

You know if it don't shoot, Ric will always wonder tho.
grin.gif
Good luck with it Ric! I'm in the same boat with this 30-338 LI and the *** stock it's in. If the groups go to hell when it's put in the bbl block and BR stock then what???
grin.gif
Right now the magazine box is serving as one hell of a recoil lug!
grin.gif
The last two 4 shot groups I shot at 300 yards with it anf the 210 JLK were 1.44" and 1.04", so considering the circumstances I'm pretty happy too.
smile.gif

WW,

Is that powder burns I see just under the mic?
grin.gif

Just kidding, that is an awesome group. I'm thinking of s similar setup. What is the Leupold?

Take care & good shooting,

CC

Ya know Wyo, i actually beat that group once at 600 yds. It was on a beautiful summers day, no wind. There were 3 bikini clad women behind me watching me-- and about to reward me for my efforts. Then my wife kicked me for squirmin' around on the bed and woke me up.

WYO,,

You just had to one up me....

Nice shooting...I do have a question though,,

What Lot Of R22 was that...My best group came from lot 25179...I have about 3.5lbs left...

The scope s the 8.5-25 LR

my lot of RL22 is #35016

Thanks for the compliments!!!
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.