Grizzly vs Lion

Brent

AB,,

My dad told me that he watched a vidio/TV show, maybe someone else has seen it, but it was in Siberia I think. They put a Bengal Tiger and a Brown Bear in a cage together. BB killed the Tiger with one swipe to the head, end of story.

Another one similar: My Granfather, on his way to work in Anchorage from the valley out here watched a BB chase a moose across the freeway, in traffic, swatted the moose in the head breaking its neck right in the meridian between the north and south lanes! Proptly grabbed it by the neck and drug it off behind the weigh station, all while traffic waited in awe!!

Powerfull beasts!! The muscle mass on them is just un-freakin-believeable!!

Our mechanic at work had two Bengal Tigers in Texas for a long time. Standing up half-***, with paws on his shoulders, they stood about 2 foot over Walters head! He's a crazy old hoot!!

Heard a story the other day, in the olden days of California the locals would hold bull fights, apparently this would get boring for the crowds so they brought in a Grizzly to fight with the bull. Well the Grizzly killed the bull in no time. A second bull was brought in, also killed by the Grizzly. This went on a third and fourth time, but on the fourth time the bull finally killed the tired Grizzly.

Next came a Lion and a Tiger. The Tiger was killed by the Lion, as the Tiger couldn't get through the Lion's mane.

Finally the put the Lion and the Grizzly together and the Grizzly killed the Lion outright.

..ok, I'll pack a bigger rifle now.

AB

Big bear, nice bear, hold still while I get out my .338 from a LONG ways away!

You want someone behind you with a howizer when you take on one of those big boys! Same with buffalo at close range. Buffalo are tough, but I'd bet good money that a big brown or grizzley is tougher.

Mark in Utah

Mark, see post above "Best reason for LRG" showing a Lion charging and almost killing some dude. Watch that video and imagine if it was a Grizzly instead.

That Lion video was great!

One lucky Dude!

Anyway if any of you have the oudoor channel (channel 606 on DTV)there is an episode of "christensen arms outdoors" where a woman spot and stalk hunts a grizzly with a bow!

The shot had to be 15-20 yards! On the ground - no tree stand!

Thats Balls!

We've got a local bone doctor that likes to hunt Alaska and the Tundra. Last time I ran into him he said he had been up North after Caribou and had an opportunity to take a big bear with a bow. He ask me if I had ever seen one caped out? I told him no, he said they look like Arnold, no wonder they can snap the spine on a large animal with one blow. If he is that crazy, I think I'll choose another physician if the need arises.
shocked.gif

db

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts