Grizzly mauling near Yellowstone kills backcountry guide

It's politically incorrect to defend yourself with a gun…I'm surprised they haven't concocted some kind of bear taser in case pepper spray just isn't cutting it (of course, only rightfully used if you tried pepper spray already and find you're still being chewed on, no need to zap the bear without provable cause). They could call it a "bear stunner"….appropriately abbreviated B.S.

Not at all wanting to make light of a tragedy here, just feeling fed up with nonsense.

Sad to hear, seems like this occurring more frequently every year. In Alaska on the islands that have good deer hunting it has become common that bears come at the sound of a gun shot hoping to take over the gut pile. If the hunter is still there and by himself, not good. Bears are incredibly fast and strong. A dead one can kill you! Best bear spray is made by Holland & Holland.

This is the reason they were exterminated.... they are a hazard to humans and livestock...

I always get a kick when the gov officials that recommend and prefer bear spray, show up wearing bandeleros, loaded to the gills with firearms and ammo.
Do as I say, not as I do. Like their lives are more important than the rest of us common folk...

They come out prepped to kill. They prefer we carry food seasoning. Too funny...

I always get a kick when the gov officials that recommend and prefer bear spray, show up wearing bandeleros, loaded to the gills with firearms and ammo.
Do as I say, not as I do. Like their lives are more important than the rest of us common folk...

They come out prepped to kill. They prefer we carry food seasoning. Too funny...
This is exactly the picture I got. It's over now we can all join in and execute the bear. Like a crime scene in Chicago, one dead person and 50 cop cars with blue lights flashing.The bear was doing what bears do- survive. He was protecting a food source. The guide should of had a gun.

If the Dinosaurs were alive i am sure people would protect themselves somehow, Why would people stay in bear countries and not protect themselves its funny and sad at the same time whenever i here stories like these.
Ever read of the life altering "investigations" that follow someone who kills a man eating grizzly in defense of his own life? I'Ive read about a couple. It's fairly equal to the treatment a police officer receives after shooting a criminal threat who happens to be a member of a marginalized group. Folks lives are wrecked paying for their defense because they shot North America's apex predator; a predator that in that part of the country is abundant and flourishing, yet still protected, and extremely deadly.
Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer being tried by 12 than carried by 6, but the leftist, progressive judges and senior officials in the government agencies will destroy anyone and any measure that moves against the grizzly bear (insert wolves to a lesser degree).

Not to derail the thread but we here in California once had grizzly bears, it is our state flag. A town on the North border of Los Angeles County Called Lebec is named after a French trapper; "Lebec is named in honor of Peter Lebeck or Lebecque, a French trapper killed by a grizzly bear in 1837 in the area that later became Fort Tejon." Of course there is talk of reintroducing them. Could you imagine grizzlies so close to 14 million LA idiots who all want to take selfies with a bear ? We now also have one or two wolf packs and a loner made it as far South as Paso Robles which is two thirds of the way thru the state. When $5,000 designer French bulldogs start disappearing people might realize that wolves aren't so great.
griz.jpg

And another bear spray/repellent success story. If the victim was able to call for help, I presume he was able to push a button on the can of bear spray after removing the safety tab also. Or maybe the bear removed the safety tab...

Yet the NPS will still preach bear spray as THE best option for killer bear protection. And NPS employees that don't preach the company line will be ostracized and damaged.

Bear spray might work on the Walt Disney World teddy bears.

The killer bears? They're thankful for those that carry only bear spray.
a game warden out west told me this : if you kill a grizzly bear or even a black bear , make sure you spray that bear before i or another game warden gets there , paper work will be easier for you and me , so make sure you have some bear spray with you always.

Praying for the family's serenity. This is just God's nature playing out regardless of our take on it. Stay safe out there.

Recent Posts