Grip n puller

The really nice part of the gripnpull is that you can recover all of the components of the pulled round.

1 reusable bullet, 1 full charge of powder and 1 case ready for reloading.

Gripnpull is way better than the plastic mallet and the beginner who cant tell the difference between boxer and berdan primed will stop blowing themselves up.

Was a little disappointed with mine. It is hard on the gripping hand (needs rubber coating). It does mar the bullet. Not enough that it is not useable. I would like to try vise grip and channel locks with duck tape or plastic in the jaws. It just might work as well.

Was a little disappointed with mine. It is hard on the gripping hand (needs rubber coating). It does mar the bullet. Not enough that it is not useable. I would like to try vise grip and channel locks with duck tape or plastic in the jaws. It just might work as well.

I think most on this thread seat bullets with minimal neck tension and especially avoid crimping. The grip-n-puller works great in this scenario. It is more difficult, if you are trying to pull a bullet with a factory crimp. In this case you will probably mar the bullet beyond reuse. Sometimes a puller like the RCBS that mounts to the top of the press is nice but they are expensive (due to having to have different collets for different calibers), are somewhat slow and will mar just as much trying to pull a crimped bullet. Now if you have a crimped bullet and just want that sucker back, no matter what, use a hammer kinetic puller. Problem with those is, they wear me out, are slow, and can ruin the powder by crushing. I guess the perfect bullet puller has yet to be created, as far as I know, in my little world anyway.

I guess I don't understand your issue as I have pulled apart crimped loads to investigate what's inside. No issue.... I have the multi version non mil-spec one so I can pull almost anything. It takes very little effort to squeeze the bullet. I suspect this may be a user issue.

I have the rifle and large rifle/pistol versions. I have used them on most calibers.

1_ it really works well
2_ it was tough on my hands and I have big calloused hands.
3_ it was improved by rubber coating with "Plasti Dip".

I also have collet and impact. Just depends on why and how many.

I had to pull 40 rounds. I just expected more for $50. Rubber coating would have been nice. I saw Sears or someone advertising channel locks or vise grip with rubber or plastic inserts to cover the jaws. I just wondered if these would do the same job or better for $20.

I had to pull 40 rounds. I just expected more for $50. Rubber coating would have been nice. I saw Sears or someone advertising channel locks or vise grip with rubber or plastic inserts to cover the jaws. I just wondered if these would do the same job or better for $20.

I would think it had potential if you ground off the grooves and then polished the surface. I guess I just have not had that much problem with them. I use the correct slot and lay it on the bullet until it stops. gentle pressure and pull it down to the top of the press is all that is required.

I think most on this thread seat bullets with minimal neck tension and especially avoid crimping. The grip-n-puller works great in this scenario. It is more difficult, if you are trying to pull a bullet with a factory crimp. In this case you will probably mar the bullet beyond reuse. Sometimes a puller like the RCBS that mounts to the top of the press is nice but they are expensive (due to having to have different collets for different calibers), are somewhat slow and will mar just as much trying to pull a crimped bullet. Now if you have a crimped bullet and just want that sucker back, no matter what, use a hammer kinetic puller. Problem with those is, they wear me out, are slow, and can ruin the powder by crushing. I guess the perfect bullet puller has yet to be created, as far as I know, in my little world anyway.

I have a hammer puller, it works good . It just gets the powder everywhere. Thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.