Grilled Cows's Udders paired with some ribs, and a cold beer

There's nothing like a well smoked steak

Attachments

• E9BC2C72-55A6-4811-934B-BB6EBFE26ED0.png
    E9BC2C72-55A6-4811-934B-BB6EBFE26ED0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
By itself, or in a taco over a corn tortilla with cabbage and a good roasted salsa, just can't go wrong.

It has its unique flavor, it's a little fatty and tender, and texture is like bitting into a well prepared octopus, well, muchbl softer than octopus, tender but doesn't fall apart.
I miss the Mollejas (Sweet Breads)! Hard to find in Indiana. LOL.

I miss the Mollejas (Sweet Breads)! Hard to find in Indiana. LOL.

I've heard of the udders being called Sweet Breads, but they are not the same. The sweet breads from a different part of the cow, they come from the Thymus and/or the Pancreas. I've tried the ones from the pancreas and they are so good, but I haven't had them in a while.

Last time I had mollejas was at a friend's wedding a few years back. They killed a young cow at their ranch for the wedding and we had some there.

I'm not very adventurous with food just the way I grew up. Traumatized when my dad chased me around the house with a beef tongue held up to his mouth! I was 5 years old. But if I was hungry, really hungry, I would have to try it, right? Probably like it too.
Go to your favorite taco place and order a lengua taco. It's good Bob, I like mine with chili verde.

Question: If you have tried cow udders, have you tried the same from any does you have harvested? Just curious as we harvest a couple does a year and was wondering how that would compare.

Question: If you have tried cow udders, have you tried the same from any does you have harvested? Just curious as we harvest a couple does a year and was wondering how that would compare.

Unfortunately there a no doe hunts in AZ. The only one I know of is for for a youth hunt and only on select units. Would I try deer udders? Yeah, why not. I wish deer had bigger tongues though. Elk tongue is really good

Recent Posts