Griffin sportsman 338 suppresor

Westernhuntr

I'm considering a Griffin sportsman ultralight 338 suppressor for LR hunting.
Looking for some feedback from those of you who've used them.
Really wanting to hear how accurate they are, and if there's any repeatability issues.

I have one and love it. I sold the 338 I was going to use it on before the can arrived, but I currently have it on a Factory Browning McMillan 28 Nosler and it is very accurate and very repeatable. With handloads I can get 5 rounds in the same hole at 100yds, have not shot it any further yet. Without the can it would shoot 5 around .5 MOA. I can't put the rifle in the safe with the can on so I have to take it off, and when I put it back on, it is dead on every time. Accurate, repeatable and quiet, get one you won't be sorry.

I just received mine a week or so ago, I'll give a review when I can get to the range, but it's dang quiet in the yard with subsonic 308w lol. I dunno when I'll get to the range since I'm in AK and we just got 12" of snow today so the only close outdoor range is pretty hatd to access right now

Attachments

• 20200218_111641.jpg
    20200218_111641.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200204_194810.jpg
    20200204_194810.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
Man, I completely forgot about this thread....

So far mine is going great.. No noticeable effect on accuracy on any of the guns I've put it on. Haven't tried it on the lapua yet since I sold that.

It's been living on my 17hmr for quite a while though. Easy to disassemble and clean, even after a couple hundred rimfire rounds

I was strongly considering the Griffen for my 338 NM but I went with an Omega 36. I wanted to play around with the short configuration on smaller guns. If weight saving was higher on my list, I would get the Griffen. Or, if I wanted to own a few suppressors, I wouldn't mind having a dedicated 338 like the Giffen on the Norma Mag.