greybull precision scopes

krake22002

I ordered a Cooper Phoenix 6.5x284 a few months ago. And Im looking for a good long range hunting scope. I Was thinking about getting the greybull precision scope. Also looked into the G7. Im new to shooting past 500 yards so anything would help. Is the g7 worth the extra 800$? Any info would help. thanks

Their scopes are made by Leupold and come with a custom reticle and knobs.

Is it worth the extra? I don't know, but Leupold's quality and customer service are hard to beat.

Just ordered my 3rd Greybull scope. 1st on 25-06, 2od on 7mm Wapati and 3rd on 338 Sin. I like them and like the Leupold Warranty. The Nightforse are good but I went with the Leupold.

If you like Leupolds then go with the Greybull. Kind of apples and oranges compared the the nightforce. Love my NF, like my Leupold. But, the NF is twice as heavy, it's huge, just different.

Thank you. Guys. The greybull is only around 17oz and g7 is around 32oz around. I like the weight of the greybull. Has anyone had problem with the clicks or returning to zero.

On the three I have I have not had any problems. I hunt only and do not shoot competition so I don't use the knobs as much as some other members may.

+1 On dealing with Don. He is a class act and a great guy. I have several of his scopes and they are fantastic. I was checking tracking on two of my scopes the other day and they track and return to zero perfectly. I was shooting a 6.5x47 Lapua and a 7mm. I shot a three shot group, clicked up 60 clicks and shot another three shot group, then clicked down 60 clicks and shot one more to check zero. On my 6.5 my 4 shot group measured .292" and my 7mm 4 shot group measured .368". Good enough for me!!

I own an earlier model of a 4.5-14x50 LR Leupold than what they are building on now and Don still walked me through how to build a similar functioning scope through leupolds custom shop, and I didn't spend any money with them. If I had another gun to build for I'd buy their product. And it would be cheaper. But Don is the go to guy...period.

I like the grey bull scope on my 7 wsm . Absolutely no problems and like has already been mentioned Don is great. I think I'd like to try the G7 on my next rifle because it offers more magnification. My only complaint with the boys at G7 is they can't seem to make up their mind with reticles and other aspects of the scope. And it seems like every time they come up with something new they say "it will be coming out this fall". I got tired of waiting and bought the greybull scope and have no regrets. I think once G7 gets settled into their technology I will give them a try. Both are proven scopes though.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.