Grendel strikes again

MachV

First year the daughter showed any interest in hunting so yesterday Amanda and I took off on the 4 wheeler to fill my wyoming antelope tag. Let a little guy walk by and bark at us for a while before walking over a couple more hills. Got busted at 600 yards by a possible shooter. We where on the hillside off the skyline so I told Amanda to slowly get comfortable and dont fidget. Well curiousity got the best of the buck and he walked to within 150 yards of us. He was better than some but I knew he was not gonna make book but told Amanda to plug her ears and dropped him with a 123eld out of the Grendel AR, she mentioned it was not that loud, well thats what suppressors are for!😎
No ground shrinkage on him as he was exactly as I guessed but with a couple of bonuses I had not seen. We caped him for the wall if a taxidermist can be found. Here's a hornytoad for reading this without pics. Sorry🤪
D919BCEF-F817-413A-BC34-1A356D47E744.jpeg

Last edited:
Daughter likes to shoot but have not pushed her to hunt. At 28 she finally taged along and even helped cape and butcher it in the field. Even helped haul it back to the 4 wheeler.
I think I'll have another hunting partner next year. She liked it, the goofy goats,the can and light recoil of the Grendel helped😉

First year the daughter showed any interest in hunting so yesterday Amanda and I took off on the 4 wheeler to fill my wyoming antelope tag. Let a little guy walk by and bark at us for a while before walking over a couple more hills. Got busted at 600 yards by a possible shooter. We where on the hillside off the skyline so I told Amanda to slowly get comfortable and dont fidget. Well curiousity got the best of the buck and he walked to within 150 yards of us. He was better than some but I knew he was not gonna make book but told Amanda to plug her ears and dropped him with a 123eld out of the Grendel AR, she mentioned it was not that loud, well thats what suppressors are for!😎
No ground shrinkage on him as he was exactly as I guessed but with a couple of bonuses I had not seen. We caped him for the wall if a taxidermist can be found. Here's a hornytoad for reading this without pics. Sorry🤪View attachment 395603
Great horny toads!

I agree on effectiveness on mid to smaller game.
Underrated… perhaps.
I've killed coyotes with AR loaded with 90 gr. TNT and Varmegaddon.
Lucked out and found some old 100 grain Partitions and Ballistic Tip. Drops deer cleanly with good shot placement from my Howa Mini suppressed rifle.
Wouldn't push my luck with anything larger.

Got the head dropped off at the taxidermist ($900, wish I had the talent and patience) for the 10 month wait, got notified the ATF cleared my second can after a 14 month wait and the daughter has already claim it for next years hunt.
Hurry up and wait seams to be the theme these days.
As a side note I saved the antelope liver for the first time. It was too mushy to do anything with. Always save elk and deer livers(if I dont run a bullet through it) Anybody else save the liver on antelope?