Greetings from VA

358 WCF

Found the site while surfing & joined last week. Found this forum & figured I'd check in. I've been shooting since... well, a long time ago. 1960 rings a bell. My dad took me down to the quarry by the old paint mill with a 22 rimfire & I've had a thing for the smell of gunpowder & Hoppe's #9 ever since. I still have the rifle but it's getting harder to see the sights. Started reloading in the 80s &, man, it's a whole 'nother disease I tell ya. Had a small gun shop for about 15 years open evening & weekends, but gave it up for various reasons in the early 2000s. My loading stuff has been packed in boxes since about that time too, but I'm in my (hopefully) last home & have time & space again. The reloading room is almost ready & there are lots of new calibers, rifles, & components to explore after getting over the sticker shock... $25/lb for powder? Last time I bought any it was around $10. Yikes! Who says there's no inflation?

I feel like a kid on Xmas morning... almost.

Welcome to the forum! I hear what your saying about Hoppes. I've got a partial bottle of the old original Hoppes that I take a sniff of once in awhile.

Welcome to LRH. Great to have you on board.
Another shocker is the price of all reloading components. Brass has went from roughly 10 dollars a hundred to 40, 50 dollars a hundred to what they can get for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts