Greetings from the Peoples Republic of California

Paparock

Previously Rocky W.Latham
From the title you might gather I'm not all that happy here in CA but it was either relocate here or divorce my wife of 25 years at that time. You see I swore I would never come back to this state back in Feb. of 1973 after I was spat on in LAX. For one thing I'm a former Conservative Democrat and that does not win any popularity contests out here in "Progressive Land". Being a "gun rights" believer does not help either but I keep my opinions to myself unless asked in this environment. At 68 all I really want is to find a buddy to fish with, thin the coyote population with and maybe punch some targets with.

I grew up in the Deep South (Arkansas) but have lived in New Mexico, Wyoming, Texas and even a couple of years in Pennsylvania.

I don't look for trouble but I don't let others run over me either. At my age I really just want to have fun. ;)

Welcome!

I've been gone from there 40 years, I can't imagine moving back. Going to see family is stressful enough.

A shame where it's gone, not surprising, but a shame.

Welcome,
We wont hold the California thing against you, its an uphill battle their but one day common sense will prevail.

Stop laughing, I mean it...

Part of my frustration is so many of the people I meet that I click with tell me they are moving out of California. Some are native born Californians and some are like me have moved here and say they just can't take it anymore so have found jobs out of state. :(

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.