Greetings from sunny Florida

I asked for that one I guess..

Which 338 parent ?
Actually, it is a standard 338 Win case necked down to .308. Simpler to load with minimal case fire forming and less case stretch by keeping the same 25 degree shoulder angle. I just had the rifle throat lengthened so I could seat the 200 grain Nosler Partition out where the bullet base is even with the neck junction. With the additional case capacity I can boost MV by about 100fps. over the standard 30-338 with a big increase in accuracy compared to the 300WM.

Absolutely You can go from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico in a short amount of time. The biggest downfall of the keys are all the people and it's expensive
I love the to visit the Keys and go fishing, but it is much to crowded most of the time. We like to shoot down there for a midweek getaway. Speaking of shooting, this the the Long Range Hunting forum. Not much of that in the Keys. Besides the deer there are tiny. But popping iguanas with air rifles is quite fun...

Actually, it is a standard 338 Win case necked down to .308. Simpler to load with minimal case fire forming and less case stretch by keeping the same 25 degree shoulder angle. I just had the rifle throat lengthened so I could seat the 200 grain Nosler Partition out where the bullet base is even with the neck junction. With the additional case capacity I can boost MV by about 100fps. over the standard 30-338 with a big increase in accuracy compared to the 300WM.
I first discovered the magic of long throating with the 250 Savage where I got +257 Roberts velocities from the new Nosler 120gr partition.

I love the to visit the Keys and go fishing, but it is much to crowded most of the time. We like to shoot down there for a midweek getaway. Speaking of shooting, this the the Long Range Hunting forum. Not much of that in the Keys. Besides the deer there are tiny. But popping iguanas with air rifles is quite fun...
When I was there I saw a lady feeding an eight point in a parking lot, my great Danes are way bigger than that eight point. While camping at Bahia Honda state park we got up in the morning and the deer were licking the barbecue grills when they cooled off.

The iguana hunting with airguns is no joke. I keep looking at airguns and the cost keeps punching me in the stomach

Actually, the discharge of firearms in the keys is illegal.
And frankly thats somewhat understandable.
That said, the protection of ones home, property, or life, would hopefully be protected by the constitution, not local laws.

Actually, the discharge of firearms in the keys is illegal.
And frankly thats somewhat understandable.
That said, the protection of ones home, property, or life, would hopefully be protected by the constitution, not local laws.
Hello from upstate New York…

Attachments

• 33180239-E544-458F-9314-5A78449A5609.jpeg
    33180239-E544-458F-9314-5A78449A5609.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 14