Greetings from Monterey, CA!

ACFS2006

Hello, all!

First of all, thanks to Len Backus for welcoming me in, and Ckgworks for the tip on writing up an introduction--I appreciate it gents!

I'm an avid hunter, shooter, and historic firearms collector, originally from Virginia. In the last decade plus, I've lived in New York, Kentucky, Alaska, Georgia, Kansas, the California Mojave Desert, and now the Central Coast (with a few extended "business trips" abroad).

In the last couple of years, because of family obligations (we've got a growing family with young kids), craziness at work (and being stationed in California, tbh), my hunting and shooting time has been unfortunately limited! The period from 2014-2019 was a bit of a "golden era" for my wife and I, as we were in Kansas, where the deer are large and plentiful. For this Virginia boy used to hunting in hardwood forests, I got my first "long range hunting" exposure there, shooting at whitetails across vast, flat farm fields.

Anyways, now that I live in CA and ammo is an even bigger pain, reloading is heavily incentivized! In this group, I'm looking forward to learning even more about long range hunting (since I now live in the wide open Western US), and deepening my knowledge of reloading.

Thanks for having me!
Andrew

Hello, all!

First of all, thanks to Len Backus for welcoming me in, and Ckgworks for the tip on writing up an introduction--I appreciate it gents!

I'm an avid hunter, shooter, and historic firearms collector, originally from Virginia. In the last decade plus, I've lived in New York, Kentucky, Alaska, Georgia, Kansas, the California Mojave Desert, and now the Central Coast (with a few extended "business trips" abroad).

In the last couple of years, because of family obligations (we've got a growing family with young kids), craziness at work (and being stationed in California, tbh), my hunting and shooting time has been unfortunately limited! The period from 2014-2019 was a bit of a "golden era" for my wife and I, as we were in Kansas, where the deer are large and plentiful. For this Virginia boy used to hunting in hardwood forests, I got my first "long range hunting" exposure there, shooting at whitetails across vast, flat farm fields.

Anyways, now that I live in CA and ammo is an even bigger pain, reloading is heavily incentivized! In this group, I'm looking forward to learning even more about long range hunting (since I now live in the wide open Western US), and deepening my knowledge of reloading.

Thanks for having me!
Andrew
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee I'm looking forward to your future posts with living in all those places and the other background info you mention I believe you'll be a great asset to the site

Welcome from central Texas (Ft. Hood area) and a former res of Spreckels when stationed at Ft. Ord. Pretty area...but expensive now days. Never did find a good place to shoot in the area, but that was 40 years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.