Greetings from Illinois

silverhair

I'm new to the group and new to long range anything.

My shooting experience has been mostly rimfire 22LR handgun (Browning Buck Marks) with a little 1911 in 9 and .45. My shooting life started a couple of years ago on an AR-15. It was a good initial learning experience but ALL my shooting was at an indoor range limited to 25 yds.

Shooting was inetrrupted by numerous retina issues including detachments in both eyes. That has resulted in an intolerance of recoil even though the doctor has given me a green light for heavier artillery.

I now have a Howa 1500 with a 22" #2 contour barrel in 6.5 CD mounted in a ProMag Archangel stock that has been modified to mount a Harris SLM bipod. (The Archangel integrated bipod fell apart on the 5th round of test firing.) I also have a "long-term loaner" Browning Citori 12ga to learn to shoot skeet and maybe progress to the next level on that platform.

But for now, I'm focused on long range shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.