Greenworks 40V 8Ft 3-Piece Pole Saw

Muddyboots

OK, not sure if this is best place to post this up but thought I'd share my experience with this piece of equipment. I wrote this up couple years ago but used it heavily today trimming and it still works well beyond expectation.

This was from 8/2017: I had been looking for a pole saw that wouldn't break the bank and maybe stumbled into one that will be in everyone's budget. I ended up looking at GreenWorks 40V 8' 3-piece pole saw for $124.99 at Menards (its now much cheaper) and went for it. So far, charges in little over an hour, sawed thru a 4" limb about 10 ft over my head in seconds. I have been trimming the crap out of tree line on my property and so far great! Looks identical to the Hooyman 40V saw but who knows if as durable etc but time may tell on that. Battery life is about an hour if running it steady but with battery, couple seconds to saw thru and done so it has nice life span for trimming shooting lanes on multiple stands. The other aspect is getting other 40V tools such as chain saw without battery ($ savings) and easier to use for stand management. The photo is a 5x9 box trailer loaded several feet above the rails all from current charge on saw. At time of photo, there was still 3/4 charge left on battery. Since saw is only on a few seconds for each cut, it makes sense it should last pretty good on trimming.

Current three years later: The saw still cuts through 4-6" limbs easily, charges fast and holds unbelievable charge for lots of cutting. BTW - the Hooyman is identical to the Greenworks and I would bet both saws are made by same base manufacturer since they are virtually identical in every aspect. I wonder if the batteries interchange? That would be interesting for anyone looking for cheaper battery. And I would also recommend following their recommendations to wear safety glasses when trimming limbs for sure. It cuts so fast the stuff falls down all around you! I also looked at a gas pole saw and 1- it was too heavy, 2- did not have the reach of the Greenworks (or Hooyman), 3- does not come apart in easy to secure sections (nice for transport to woods),4 QUIET, 5 - no gas smell in woods or on you 6 - no gas mixture to have fun with, 7- no trips to gas station, 8- plug in and charges in little over an hour, 9- the 40V cut thru 6" limbs easily. Did I mention how much lighter the 40V is and no smell or noise? đź‘Ť

So I an say I have used it pretty hard for 3 years doing lots of trimming and it hasn't let me down not once. I have trimmed out stands so fast and so quietly it is crazy how good it works. I would hope if you try one it works as well as for you as it has for me.

BTW - it is on sale at Menards for $111.24 AFTER rebate.
Link: Menards Greenworks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.