Green Machine....new Rem 700 Varmint rig

This started out as a Rem 700 ADL w/ a camo stock and a cheap Chinese 4-12 scope from Dicks Sporting Goods for $499.

First thing I did slap some OG Green on it.

Ended up ditching the stock for a Bell & Carlson.

Last upgrade was the Vortex.

Rem 700 22-250
stock Rem bull barrel & trigger
B&C Medalist A2 stock
Vortex PST 6-24x50
Burris Extreme 30mm lows
old Harris bi-pod

shooting Hornady V Max Superformance 50 gr

Next on the list is a trigger. A lot of trigger time to come, A LOT, to get confident in what shes really capable of.

nice looking rig.

I had one of those same rifles that I similarly put together....except for painting the rig. Ended up selling it.

I used a hunter benchrest stock, bedded it, shilen trigger, weaver super slam scope.

I consistantly got .5 moa but did find that mine overwhelmingly preferred flat based bullets. Accuracy dropped of with boat tails.

I liked it so well I did the same thing with a 223 that I still have. with 60 grain Sierra Varminters and IMR8208, I shoot ,25-.3 pretty consistantly when the wind is negligent. With the 223, it is more tolerant of what I feed it as long as I stay under 65 grain bullets.

I got one, the price after rebate was $400, couldn't pass it up.
It has the old style trigger(not X-Mark)so I could adjust it to 3lb.I use H380 at 39.0gr and 55gr BT'sand shoot sub .5 groups, usually most just make one big hole.
It was a cheap rifle that shoots pretty good now,I hate to put alot of money into it.:D

nice looking rig.

I had one of those same rifles that I similarly put together....except for painting the rig. Ended up selling it.

I used a hunter benchrest stock, bedded it, shilen trigger, weaver super slam scope.

I consistantly got .5 moa but did find that mine overwhelmingly preferred flat based bullets. Accuracy dropped of with boat tails.

I liked it so well I did the same thing with a 223 that I still have. with 60 grain Sierra Varminters and IMR8208, I shoot ,25-.3 pretty consistantly when the wind is negligent. With the 223, it is more tolerant of what I feed it as long as I stay under 65 grain bullets.

I havent put but 40 rd's thru this stick so not sure what its going to run on best. I have about 200 rounds of the V Max Superformance 50 grains so figured on starting with those.

I got one, the price after rebate was $400, couldn't pass it up.
It has the old style trigger(not X-Mark)so I could adjust it to 3lb.I use H380 at 39.0gr and 55gr BT'sand shoot sub .5 groups, usually most just make one big hole.
It was a cheap rifle that shoots pretty good now,I hate to put alot of money into it.:D

I had heard guys getting these ADL's @ Dicks for $399-$450 but of course that wasnt happening in my neck of the woods! Mine was $499 and that was w/ a discount/sale included. I think they're liste @ $599 right now.
I think the next build I do is going to start w/ a used 700 action in .300 Win Mag. Send to Hart or Kreiger for a barrel, order a B&C or maybe a McMillan stock and add a Timney or Jewell trigger. Probably only cost me 300 or 400% more than buying a custom rifle!! hahahaa

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.