Great tuna trip

I saw a tuna that the Sea Striker boat landed that was 400+.i know one of the guys that fishes with them.
That would have been a bluefin that is not eligible for the big rock. I know I came through there on the 1st of June. The day before a 180# yellowfin was caught off of Okracoke(sp). I had asked the boss if he wanted to take some time(a few hours) to see if we could troll up some tuna but he didn't want to "waste time". I had to bring his boat into have it hauled for repairs yesterday. Turned out to be my last day working for him. I was offered a job on a boat that is supposed to be finished on the 30th but the payroll started already!

The Sea Striker boat placed 2nd in the Big Rock Tournament. Evidently there are two divisions.

I stand corrected it was the Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament that they placed second in. It was last week or the week before.

The Sea Striker boat placed 2nd in the Big Rock Tournament. Evidently there are two divisions.

I stand corrected it was the Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament that they placed second in. It was last week or the week before.
That was a blue marlin not a tuna. They won the most money as the 1st place boat was not across the board. That fish was 495.0 the winner was 495.2 3rd was 494.6 and 4th was 488.1. I know the boat I'm affiliated with ended up 3rd place dolphin and pulled the hook on an 800+ class fish Friday and had another window shop the last day without a hook up. They fished the water that had been of Chalrston Sc the weeks before. Electric Bill fished the same water Electric bill was 4th in release(tied with fish but 4th due to time/day landed). I was told but have no way to confirm that Grand Slam was in the same water when they fought and lost their fish Wednesday.
I believe Sea Striker was just under 1.1 million total purse First place was 214k 1st dolphin was 395k. They didn't have a fish over 500 pounds so Fabulous fisherman(552k) was awarded to the boat with the most releases on top of that prize for right around 600k.

Over 200 Boats enter. Minimum entry is $5000 and probably 75% of boats enter across the board for $27500. The tournament donates a couple hundred thousand to local charities every year too.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.