Great Shooting And Hard Hitting Muzzle-Loaded Sabot And Bullet Combinations That Don'

ADMIN

Administrator
Finding that just right combination of a specific powder...charge...sabot...bullet... and the primer used for ignition that shoots the absolute best from one of today's hot modern in-line ignition rifles can take a great deal of experimenting. This is especially true for the shooter who is looking to achieve top end velocity with great accuracy and tremendous big game knockdown power.

Generally speaking, most of today's rifles are fully capable of getting just about any properly sized sabot and bullet combination to shoot well enough at a hundred yards to take big game. However, to really tweak the accuracy and punch that most of these rifles are capable of delivering these days, you just may have to play around with sabot and bullet combinations that do not come prepackaged. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Great Shooting And Hard Hitting Muzzle-Loaded Sabot And Bullet Combinations That Don't Come Packaged , By Toby Bridges. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Re: Great Shooting And Hard Hitting Muzzle-Loaded Sabot And Bullet Combinations That

I wonder what he'd recommend for my Savage Muzzleloader?? :D

Re: Great Shooting And Hard Hitting Muzzle-Loaded Sabot And Bullet Combinations That

I have a .50 cal Knight Disc Extreme. Would like to work up a BH 209 load, but Knight Tech Service tells me that my breach plug hole is too small and that they don't recommend drilling it out. Toby Bridges' article is the second one I've read (the other by Randy Wakeman on chuckhawks.com) where great loads were worked up with a Knight Long Range Hunter. Is there significant difference between the Disc Extreme and LRH? I understood Knight TS to say that my breach plug hole is too small to reliably allow enough fire to reach the BH209 to ensure ignition; even with standard (non-muzzleloader) primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.