Great problem with the H-S Precision rifle.

.sk.

Great problem with the H-S Precision rifle. - Sniper's Hide Forums

Great problem with the H-S Precision rifle. - Sniper's Hide Forums

http://
DSC_9982.jpg

Last edited:
It is interesting just to hear your comments)))

About HSP rifle, that was broken in half because of a defect metal casting.

And about a HSprecision company, that for five months trying to find a reason
not to solve the problem.

Your issue has been discussed at great length in another forum. Rule #8 of this forum should be heeded.

(8) There will be no threads started for the purpose of airing your problems with suppliers or manufacturers. (Complaint Threads) Handle those issues privately.

Well, since i dont have time to read All shooting forums i appreciate seeing this action incident and guess i will ask on which forum i must peruse to find the particulars. ****, i hate getting off lrh.

Just finished reading all 7 pages on snipershide. While yes there is rule #8, this is a warning about a potentially lethal/catastrophic defect in a rifle chambered in a cartiedge used for LR hunting/shooting. Sounds relevant and in line with the interests and aims of this forum. He said the rifle was bought in august 2004, so if anyone has a 2002-2004 manufacture HS Precision HTR in .338 lapua, they need to contact HS Precision and/or have the receiver tested.

I think that this is a great post show what could happen to an H-S-P rifle. Hell if I had one I would want to know If there was a problem .....I dont get on alot of forums either .... thank you for the post Sk. Keeping us aware and safe is always a good thing lightbulb

I have been following the post over on SH since day one waiting for a solution to the problem from HS. There is no quaestion in my mind that if I were running HS I would have sent the guy a new action, hell a whole new rifle after seeing those pics. HS is going to lose business over this IMO. I know I will never own one of their actions after seeing that.

I am intrigued to see what the conclusion is after a failure analysis is done. Hopefully HS replaces the weapon if it is found they are at fault.

We have received advice in the Scientific Research Institute of Steel and Alloys, this is the casting defect of the metal.
HS representatives inspected the rifle. We contacted twice in January and April.
They agree that this is defect metal casting. And HS knows about it.
All information transmitted to them several times.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.