Great News, range re-opens

Ian,
As a foriegn competition shooter you would allowed to bring your Centre-fire pistol to Britain and compete against British shooters ( Comonwealth Games?) whom our government does not trust to hold pistols in their own country. These individuals must travel abroard to practice their sport and our government then has the audacity to say; "We will give you special dispensation to compete in your own country in the name good sporting relations".

It would not surprise me one bit if you would still be able to rent a pistol here, being a "Foriegner" you qualify. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Oh! by the way the calibre of the old break open Webley's was either .38 or .455.

Ian.

"I mean't to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Brown Dog, gimme a tinkle.. i'm flying space ships tonigh and the next 2 nights,, then your BDC will be done when you get back..
Don't rely to much on the effectiveness of the 9mm para, it isn't a very effective stopping weapon. bets practice the double taps..
Pete

Ian,
I stand corrected, there must have been a couple of types of handguns available because I recall burning up a bunch of that 9mm submachinegun ammo through something. We also shot .38 Webleys I believe, don't recall the .455 caliber.
Long time ago, but still remember Bisley as a great time. This was back in the .303 Lee Enfield days, amazingly accurate rifles if a good armorer did the right things and good ammo was available.

Well I am at Bisley from tonight (Thursday) for the Phoenix meeting (former Pistol AD).

If anyone else is there my mate has a huge Indian Tipi (not too difficult to spot). Just ask for David and say hello.

I will be shooting F Class and Mc.Queens.

David.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.