Great news for Viper PST!!!!

I know alot of people are on deck with Vortex but I figured I would just get the news out there. I just got off the phone with Vortex and the PST's are now being shipped out. Now one thing he did mention is that it will mainly be SFP's as they have to fill backorders first and most people are opting for the FFP, apparently. He could not give me a date when the FFP's will be fully available but he did say it shouldn't be too long.

Maybe someone out there know's more detail on this subject? Please feel free to share.

Alright well I just got off the phone with Vortex once again. I had some questions about the custom turrets. But anyways, I talked to Scott this time and he informed me that the SFP and FFP are both going out so there won't be any waiting around for the FFP.

I'm excited to finally get my hands on one of these, and I know alot of you guys are too. Lets hear some reviews and general comments from everyone once you get your hands on one.

just out of curiosity, why were they on hold?

From what I heard from Scott at Vortex through this site is that the first batch released last year had some mixed reviews on the resistance of the elevation and windage knobs. Most people complained they were too easy to move which would highten there chance of moving on there own or when barely brushed against something. And Vortex, being the fine manufacturer they are, didn't want to release a product that people wouldn't be 100% satisfactory. Now as far as I know that's all they changed, But don't quote me on it. Your best bet would be to talk to Scott at Vortex and see what he says.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.