Great Falls colder than south pole ...

Still snow on the ground may 15 ,no cudding I snore we have better rest when we sleep alone. My problem today is, Whats the hang time on the beer before it solidify?

Being married 30 odd years, I've considered that on ocassion. Problem is the upstairs bedromm isn't heated. Besides, the wife is a proverbial furnace. Neither of us snore or if she does, I never hear it. I sleep on a CPAP machine so it's 30 seconds and lights out......:D

It's 19 here today and balmy.

Being married 30 odd years, I've considered that on ocassion. Problem is the upstairs bedromm isn't heated. Besides, the wife is a proverbial furnace. Neither of us snore or if she does, I never hear it. I sleep on a CPAP machine so it's 30 seconds and lights out......:D

It's 19 here today and balmy.

-47 wind chill in forecast for this afternoon, right on its not -50 . When you walk into the house your parka looks like its smoking, ha ha have a Great Day.

3 Days in a row of record cold temps, Friday night (sat morning actually) I woke up at 3:30am for some stupid reason looked at the temp it was -39F, I do not know what the windchill was, don't care either. What I did care about was how terrible it made my truck ride on the way to work at 6:30. so far today it's warmed up a lot 17F but true to Havre the wind is getting with it, I hate the wind :rolleyes:

Oh and tomestone's temps those are C, -47C = -52F

I hate the bitter cold but would gladly put up with it for a 2 week period if it would get to -40 for that long to kill the pine bettle explosion that we have here in Montana. I have read and heard that it takes 2 weeks of -40 to kill them off... years ago we always had enough bitterly cold periods to keep them knocked down... As Felix states I can't think of another good reason for bitter cold other then bug control..dgarrett

I hate the bitter cold but would gladly put up with it for a 2 week period if it would get to -40 for that long to kill the pine bettle explosion that we have here in Montana. I have read and heard that it takes 2 weeks of -40 to kill them off... years ago we always had enough bitterly cold periods to keep them knocked down... As Felix states I can't think of another good reason for bitter cold other then bug control..dgarrett

I can only think of one other reason C@#$dy @ss controllightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.