Grayboe vs KRG Bravo for hunting stock

nksmfamjp

So, I ordered this Bighorn Origin...long CIP length. I'm planning 6.5-06AI, 6.5x280AI, 6.5 Sherman, 300 PRC or 30 Sherman Mag....really have not selected a caliber at all.

So, some of these could have a bit of recoil. I'd like it to handle pretty big recoil along with lighter weight. I'm looking for a reasonably light stock with adjustable cheek piece, adjustable LOP (spacer type ok), 4 flush cups, mlok rail (for ARCA rail or bipod attachment), and AICS mag compatible.

So, I'm looking at the Grayboe Phoenix, Ridgeback and the KRG Bravo. I looked at the MDT, but not sure I like the ergonomics. McMillan obviously makes a good stock, but mlok would be paying someone to cut through the shell of a $900 stock!

Last edited:
I recently upgraded my Tikka CTR to a KRG Bravo and really like the features, especially at it's price point. I haven't had the chance to hunt with it yet, but the rifle handles well with it. A CTR is a little on the heavy side as is, so the weight of a KRG didn't bother me.

A similar thread regarding the Bravo for hunting popped up on sniper's hide not too long ago. Plenty of guys like to hunt with them.

E9800D76-7E3D-449E-BEDA-8CEC5A77FB0F.jpeg
C9259E7E-6B27-4361-B51F-4FA156C83089.jpeg

I recently upgraded my Tikka CTR to a KRG Bravo and really like the features, especially at it's price point. I haven't had the chance to hunt with it yet, but the rifle handles well with it. A CTR is a little on the heavy side as is, so the weight of a KRG didn't bother me.

A similar thread regarding the Bravo for hunting popped up on sniper's hide not too long ago. Plenty of guys like to hunt with them.
What contour/length barrel are you running in that?

Anybody else have a thought? I'm thinking KRG Bravo as weight is good and grip/adaptability looks good.

Any thoughts on how it rides bags in a benchrest role?

The Bravo has got to be one the best stocks out there at that price point. I ended up saving more for an XLR Element 3.0 Magnesium chassis but was set on the Bravo for a long time prior to deciding on the XLR.

I bought a bravo due to a price I couldn't pass up. I currently have 3 manners, 2 McMillans, krg whiskey 3, mpa comp and this bravo. I can not stress enough, for the money this stock/chassis is the best there is. It can be used comfortably in the field for hunting (prone,offhand, or kneeling), and works doe prs with the option for lots of upgrades. At first I wasn't a huge fan cause it felt different then everything else I owned but after an hour of my first range session I was hooked. It's actually one of my favourites lol and it cost me the least

I'd vote grayboe. I had a KRG X-Ray at one point and sold it down the river. Never fit me well and the plastic grip and outer shell never felt quite right. I much prefer the feel of a stock. That being said, lots of people love the bravo and the aluminum frame is a great setup for accuracy. Guess it comes down to how it fits you.

I run a bravo on an origin sa chambered in 22creed. I am more of a traditional stock guy but the price was hard to pass up and i didnt want to wait months for a different stock. I will say that I don't particularly love the look as it is a little too "tacticool" looking for me but it is very comfortable and well made IMO

View attachment 243504View attachment 243506
Do you know how much the factory Tikka CTR stock weighs?

Recent Posts