Grandsons new CA Carbon barrel build

dgarrett

Just waiting for stock and grandsons new 300wm will be completed... Jason at Hunt the Distance is the Smith that put this gun together..
31054583_1600279196760095_1725935705_o.jpg

Has anyone used ADG brass in the 300 win yet???? How many grains of powder less the Winchester brass???? I am wanting to start load work up with the 168 gr Bergers... Any help as a starting place with ADG brass would be helpfull... Dave

Has anyone used ADG brass in the 300 win yet???? How many grains of powder less the Winchester brass???? I am wanting to start load work up with the 168 gr Bergers... Any help as a starting place with ADG brass would be helpfull... Dave
I don't have experience comparing them to Winchester brass, but I was able to use the identical load with ADG .300wm brass that I had previously been using in my Nosler brass, with velocities within 5 fps of what I was getting with the Nosler brass and no change in group size. I was very impressed...only have a couple firings on the brass so far though.

Thank for your help.... I can't remember where i read it but I thought ADG was similar in case size to the RWS and took a few grains less.... But never read any real load data on it before... Again thanks for your help... Dave

I don't know but can ask the gunsmith when I I receive the stock and take it to him... Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.