Gotta brag a little, proud Dad moment

Well it finally quit snowing for a bit this afternoon so we went out to shoot some more and to see if Blake just got lucky yesterday. He went 4 for 4! 1st shot and 4th are the two center ones almost touching. On the 4th shot he said he saw the bullet hit the plate through the scope, it took me 30+ years to be able to do that!
20200524_154933.jpg

We have been discussing building him one, hes excited about it. I'm thinking a 22 creedmoor or a 224 Valkyrie bolt gun. The Valkyrie would give longer barrel life and less recoil, might be the ticket! Or may just set him up with a good .223 for now
Go for the 22 Creed. I have a 22-250 AI and it's a heavy gun( 13lbs). Not a carry gun but an LR groundhog gun. You and him will appreciate the extra range and Lazer beam trajectory. No recoil what so ever. He'll love it. He's definitely ready for one. Good luck.

Thats awesome congrats! My daughter dropped a Mule deer buck on the run (it was wounded from another hunter) with one shot at 200 yards. I was quite impressed, thats not easy to do. Its pretty awesome when our kids are able to surprise us "older" guys with their abilities.

My father in law and I were out shooting my 6mm creedmoor a little today, getting some 700 yard practice in and was just finishing up when my oldest boy Blake asked to look through the scope. He shoots his .22 a bunch and is getting real good at killing golfers. He got behind the rifle prone and quickly found the steel plate at 350 yards. I asked him if he could reach the trigger and told him to dry fire on target. All looked good so I asked him if he wanted to shoot one and of course he did! I loaded a round for him, put it on safe and when he said he was ready and on target I flipped the safety off and....View attachment 195170
When he heard the impact on the plate he went nuts! He's 6 and off to a good start. He will be out shooting me very soon I think
That's awesome good job Dad!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.