Gotta brag a little, proud Dad moment

I guess I just assumed the "golfer" spelling was correct and he was within his bag limit?:eek:

Your boy hearing his shot his steel has him hooked for life! Great to see kids out with parents. Ted Nugent has best saying "take your kid hunting so you don't have to hunt for your kids". My son was at it early too and is one heck of a sportsman today.

Makes you smile at his smile!

My father in law and I were out shooting my 6mm creedmoor a little today, getting some 700 yard practice in and was just finishing up when my oldest boy Blake asked to look through the scope. He shoots his .22 a bunch and is getting real good at killing golfers. He got behind the rifle prone and quickly found the steel plate at 350 yards. I asked him if he could reach the trigger and told him to dry fire on target. All looked good so I asked him if he wanted to shoot one and of course he did! I loaded a round for him, put it on safe and when he said he was ready and on target I flipped the safety off and....View attachment 195170
When he heard the impact on the plate he went nuts! He's 6 and off to a good start. He will be out shooting me very soon I think
Actually I'm proud of all three of you.
1590343361024.png

That's not bragging at all! Kids are amazing and especially so when they are given the chances to see what they are really strong at.

Please be careful and don't let him shoot golfers on the golf course. He will get fined heavily for hunting over a baited field!
Sorry to chide your misspelling in your proud moment and I think you have a great shooter in your family mix.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.