Got scope back from Leupold repair. Fogging terribly. 🤬

I've never had a Leupold fail. I've had Redfield and Nikons fail. When I left my scope cap at the range, right before a hunt, they sent me a new one in the mail for free.

great service would be you send it back and Leupold send you a new one if they can't repair it properly before your hunt .please keep us post for I have a safe full of Leupold scopes

I will never never ever ever buy a Leupold product again. I bought a 1.25x4 Hog Plex for my Daniel Defense AR-15. Thing wouldn't hold zero for anything. Sent it to Leupold. They had it for about 2 months. Sent it back to me with a letter. Checks OK, no faults. Well it won't hold zero Mr Leupold. Never has, still doesn't. Every possible factor on mount, gun, ammo, etc, etc, has been checked & rechecked. So I'm done with Leupold, forever.
That really sucks, I feel your pain. I'm in the exact same situation wit NightForce.

I have had nothing but troubles with mine too. Pro will never buy another. Ive had cheap Bushnells perform better and where are clearer.

The problem we all will face at one time is that we purchase a costly product with a reputation that fails either right out of the box or after normal use. The response from that company will dictate how we feel about that product. It has nothing to do with anyone else's experience just your own. The product failure can affect you in do many ways that can result in added cost, time, adversely affect a costly hunt or just be a pita. I've had good products fail right out of box and nothing is more frustrating than that. Quality should not be a surprise but an expectation. How a company works with you and how quickly to resolve whatever the issue may be is how we perceive the Total Quality of that product and that company and is unique to the person involved. Crap happens and we need to respect the person to which it has happened to since I bet we will all walk in those shoes at one time or another.

I will always be interested in how a company responds to an issue and file it for consideration. If someone has a bad experience with a company where I have good experience doesn't change that. It does add consideration for future but not necessarily changing my next purchase.

Ford, Chevy, Ram or is it Ram, Ford, Chevy or Chevy, Ram, Ford?

The problem we all will face at one time is that we purchase a costly product with a reputation that fails either right out of the box or after normal use. The response from that company will dictate how we feel about that product. It has nothing to do with anyone else's experience just your own. The product failure can affect you in do many ways that can result in added cost, time, adversely affect a costly hunt or just be a pita. I've had good products fail right out of box and nothing is more frustrating than that. Quality should not be a surprise but an expectation. How a company works with you and how quickly to resolve whatever the issue may be is how we perceive the Total Quality of that product and that company and is unique to the person involved. Crap happens and we need to respect the person to which it has happened to since I bet we will all walk in those shoes at one time or another.

I will always be interested in how a company responds to an issue and file it for consideration. If someone has a bad experience with a company where I have good experience doesn't change that. It does add consideration for future but not necessarily changing my next purchase.

Ford, Chevy, Ram or is it Ram, Ford, Chevy or Chevy, Ram, Ford?
Ford, Ram, Chevy

They took care of me on a Redfield revolution. My buddy was carrying my rifle for deer and accidentally dropped it and dented the end bell edge pretty good. They took care of it no charge, and also sent me a few extra turret covers for a scope that was missing them.

Here in Canada we have a warranty depot near Calgary Alberta, Korth. Been the same people for decades. Everyone I know that has ever used them thought the service was first class. I own dozens of Leupold, and lots of other makes. I have been using Leupold for 45 years, the only scope I sent back was one I damaged in a fall, I was willing to pay to repair, they refused to charge me. My brother sent in a 30 year old scope as the coating was starting to flake off, repaired and back in 3 weeks. Vortex has a great warranty too, problem is, you need to use it regularly.

I don't know how anyone can complain about a company that makes scopes that rarely fail and when they do, they stand behind them for the original purchaser and any subsequent purchaser for as many decades as that scope is in use. Anyone that expects more than that is completely unreasonable in my books.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.