Got scope back from Leupold repair. Fogging terribly. 🤬

DocGlenn

My VX6 wasn't tracking properly (you can read the thread), so I sent it back in for repair. Got it back yesterday. Body heat from holding the scope with my hand causes it to fog over in about 30 seconds. I think someone might have forget to nitrogen purge it (if they still do that). Good thing I have a back up scope for my hunts in September. I bet I'll even have to pay shipping to send it back. 🤬🤬

Attachments

• 65FE9E44-8B58-4C00-9D78-304AB22CBE43.jpeg
    65FE9E44-8B58-4C00-9D78-304AB22CBE43.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 307
My VX6 wasn't tracking properly (you can read the thread), so I sent it back in for repair. Got it back yesterday. Body heat from holding the scope with my hand causes it to fog over in about 30 seconds. I think someone might have forget to nitrogen purge it (if they still do that). Good thing I have a back up scope for my hunts in September. I bet I'll even have to pay shipping to send it back. 🤬🤬
Let us know what they do to repair your Leupold scope. I have a couple of them and need to check them both. Where is your hunt in September? Let us know how it turns out.

Let us know what they do to repair your Leupold scope. I have a couple of them and need to check them both. Where is your hunt in September? Let us know how it turns out.

I'm going to CO in early September for Mt. Goat and AK in mid-sept for caribou. I need my gear working! Got a Swaro w/ ballistic turret that is working well, so I should be good. It's just the hassle factor of having to send it back again.

I'm going to CO in early September for Mt. Goat and AK in mid-sept for caribou. I need my gear working! Got a Swaro w/ ballistic turret that is working well, so I should be good. It's just the hassle factor of having to send it back again.
I hope your hunt goes well, send photo and let us know how it turns out. I have windage issue with a different scope manufacture and I have sent back once. Now it is about a year later and I am having the same problem again.

They have been good to me on a pistol scope I had to send back for a third time. The first two times it wasn't tracking like it should. The got it and agreed. I came back again and it was not as clear as when I purchased it 5 month before.
Sent it back the third time and I got a new scope in the mail. I guess they figured I wouldn't give up until it was right.
I don't have any of their rifle scopes, just four pistol scopes but plan on getting a CDS model in about a 4x16 If I can find it for my newest XP100 pistol build in 243 Winchester.
Mike

I will never never ever ever buy a Leupold product again. I bought a 1.25x4 Hog Plex for my Daniel Defense AR-15. Thing wouldn't hold zero for anything. Sent it to Leupold. They had it for about 2 months. Sent it back to me with a letter. Checks OK, no faults. Well it won't hold zero Mr Leupold. Never has, still doesn't. Every possible factor on mount, gun, ammo, etc, etc, has been checked & rechecked. So I'm done with Leupold, forever.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts