Got out goggin last Sunday

MachV

Got out last Sunday doggin for the first time this year and the maiden voyage with the new truck.

IMG_20150322_160648.jpg

Tyson was a little disappointed with the little 357.....It kills just fine but just doesn't have enough velocity to do much damage.

IMG_20150322_122849.jpg

The 40 grain Vmaxes out of the 223 sure did a great job with the peekers, all we needed was an eye sticking out of the mound.

IMG_20150322_131829.jpg

There was a little snow yet here and there but we are definatly on the back side of winter:cool:

IMG_20150322_164751.jpg

Way too early too do a lot of prairie dog shooting but the ground squirrels where out and about, lots of fun with the rimfires. Really looking forward to late April/May for the pups to be out and the weather cooperating for some camping.
Didn't get close enough to the small herd of elk or the 2 very large herds of goats we saw to get pics. Only saw one coyote (for a split second) and nobody had a chance of a shot.
Did a little longrange rock busting just before dark when the wind died down to 15mph. Even the little 40 grainers did alright out at 850 but the 300 win mags, 30-06, 308, and 80 grainers out of the 22-250 did a LOT better.

Im jealous...lol I was in Wyoming last year and didn't have time to go out. I wanna take a dedicated dog hunt to Wyoming or Montana. How hard is it to find good ground in Wyoming? May retire out there, way too close to DC here in WV.

The last few years we have been lucky to heat up a gun shooting dogs (a good town will have 4 guns cooling). Poison and plague have taken the big numbers down. Still a few around here and there. When the pups come out in May we hittem a little harder.
The plan is to head up to Montana for a dog run....Been 15 years and I prefer Montana!
Take this the right way, retire to Florida or Texas= We have enough people here!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts