Got one with the new shotgun

Korhil78

Only called in one this morning. Kinda surprised that they weren't all out moving more with as cold as it was. Shot at 57 yards with my load of 48 pellets of F buck and 29 Gr of longshot out of my new Benelli SBE 3. That's right at my range limit for coyotes with a shotgun. Not saying people can't do it further out but that's just my personal limit. Any further out and I will switch out the shotgun for the AR. He dropped so fast that I thought he ran off.

EA06DA63-66F9-415C-943A-B7328CA0C853.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice, yes I've heard a lot of complaints about that but shouldering it in the store it's one of the nicest shotguns to throw up I've ever held.

sounds like a sweet setup, post some gun pictures sometime

Female yearling? Teeth are sure white, nice work just nothing better than getting them into shotgun range and shooting them! I have the Benelli super sport and I duracoated it, nice gun, shoots 100% above point of aim, just where I like it, same as my trap gun.

Yes it was young. Small body as you can tell by referencing my boot to it. I was calling on public land this morning. You can definitely tell the difference between calling on public land vs private land. In February I will be going on a 4 day coyote calling trip on some private land that we do every year. Tons of coyotes and they come running into the call
Like crazy.

I have a Burris fastfire 3. I think it is the best reflex sight I have used. Awesome for tracking a moving coyote because you can easily see everything with both eyes open.
I've got the fastfire 2. It's on something else, and I'll have to look at the 3 again. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.